Chapter 22

Just to clean up Todoroki's glacier took up over ten minutes. The ice had reached the stands, hell, it went up and over all of the stands and out of the stadium. 

Midoriya checked the next match according to the screen. Kaminari Denki vs Shoda Niregeki. 

Shoda was a bit chubby, with short, light blue (that bordered onto the color gray) hair. He was on Ojirou and Shinsou's team, Midoriya remembered, from the cavalry battle. 

Because Shoda was from Class 1b, Midoriya didn't have too much information on him (jeez, he sounded like he was gathering info like he was in the mafia or something), but he had heard snip bits about the boy. Most of them were about his personality. From what he heard, Shoda was pretty humble and doesn't take grudges. The grudges bit was from when Midoriya heard that Tetsutetsu, a boy with an attitude like Kirishima, punched him with his quirk after they were told to stop sparring. 

As for his quirk, he didn't know much. However, he heard that Shoda was faster than what his classmates first thought, probably from his stature. His eyes narrowed. It wasn't like he was going against him, but whenever he analyzed someone, his first instinct was to go for the weakness. He let out a chuckle. How strange. He was thinking like a hero or even a villain. 

Midoriya couldn't be, and barely wanted to be, either of them. 

In any case, Midoriya couldn't piece together what his quirk was from just looking at him. He didn't have a mutation quirk (unless it was invisible or something) and if anything, it'd be an emitter quirk. Midoriya just couldn't see Shoda with a transformation quirk. 

Midoriya huffed. The battle was going to start. He could find out by himself, up close. 

Perk of being a ghost.

"AND WE'RE BACK!" Present Mic announced. "SORRY FOR THE WAIT, EVERYONE! THAT MATCH WAS ICY COOL! BUT NOW, LET'S CONTINUE WITH OUR NEXT MATCH! KAMINARI AGAINST SHODA! WILL KAMINARI SHOW US SOMETHING ELECTRIFYINGLY SHOCKING? OR WILL SHODA BE ABLE TO BEAT HIM AND THROW A PUNCH, TWICE!?"

What was the purpose of using the word 'twice'? Midoriya questioned. Was it on purpose? Most likely, right? 

Well, considering that he had used 'electrifyingly' (which wasn't even a word) and 'shocking' to describe Kaminari, it must've hinted at his quirk.

Let's see, 'be able to beat him and throw a punch, twice'. Considering that the word 'twice' was in it, his quirk must do something two times. Did that mean he could do an attack twice? 

Present Mic, Midoriya thought, really had to keep contestant quirks to himself. In fact, he continued, a villain could easily use this information to attack the classes. 

It made him wonder why UA hadn't been attacked before. 

"ARE BOTH CONTESTANTS READY?!" Present Mic said and Midnight threw him a glare. 

"If we're all set to go, then let's do it!" Midnight yelled. "Show me what you got! Ready and start!" 

With a push off his foot, Shoda shot across the field. 

Holy fu - 

"LOOK AT THAT FOLKS!" Present Mic said. "SHODA JUST CROSSED THAT ENTIRE ARENA IN A FEW SECONDS AND NOW HE'S REARING TO FIGHT!" 

Indeed, Shoda was, throwing out kicks and punches in the speed of light. Kaminari could only back away and grit his teeth when all of a sudden - 

"KAMINARI COLLAPSED! WHAT IS GOING ON? IT'S SHODA'S QUIRK AT USE!" 

Ah. With that said, Midoriya could create a very possible theory. Shoda's quirk involved him being able to recreate the force of his attacks that he did before. If he punched someone in the shoulder, he could make force that feels like it's being punched again, hence the 'twice' from Present Mic's speech. 

Jeez, if even he, a teenager, could figure this out, then how are none of the villains doing this???

Bringing his arm back, Shoda was about to punch when Kaminari jumped out and grabbed his ankle. 

"Wha- let go of me!" 

"Sorry, I'll end it quick. 1 Million Indiscriminate Shock!" Electricity danced over Kaminari's skin as it went over and extended to Shoda. 

The two were enveloped in a bright light for several seconds until it finally faded away. 

"HOW FAST-PACED TODAY'S BEEN! LADIES AND GENTS, THIS IS  OUR TOP FIRST-YEARS!" 

The crowd cheered in response as Midoriya could finally see what was going on down in the ring.

The two were practically in the same state. Shoda's eyes were dancing in circles (kinda like Pokemon's when they're knocked out) and Kaminari was, once again, reduced to his dumb state. 

"Whey," he muttered with a thumbs up as he stood up. 

Midnight looked at both of them, Kaminari standing up and Shoda knocked out on the ground. "This match ends in a draw!" she declared and the crowd burst out in mutters, murmurs, cheers, and a whole mix of other things. 

"BECAUSE THE MATCH ENDED IN A DRAW," Present Mic explained, "THESE TWO WILL DUKE IT OUT IN A DIFFERENT BATTLE AFTER EVERYONE ELSE GOES, WHICH MEANS AFTER THE NEXT FIVE BATTLES, THEY'LL GO ONCE MORE! ANYONE ELSE WHO HAS A DRAW WILL ALSO DO THIS!" 

The crowd clapped, most likely pleased that they would get another show. And Midoriya couldn't blame them, this was cool, seeing the future heroes show off their skills and quirks. But could they just bring down the intensity just a teeny tiny bit?

"AS WE GET THOSE TWO OFF THE STAGE," Present Mic then said, "WE'LL BE GETTING READY FOR OUR NEXT MATCH, THE EVER SO FAST IIDA AGAINST THE INVENTING GENIUS OF HATSUME! STAY TUNED!" 

"It's not a radio show, stop mixing the two up," Aizawa commented. "And stop giving out information about their quirks early." 

"But I've been doing that the entire time!" Present Mic protested. 

"And I haven't been paying attention the entire time," Aizawa muttered. 

"What did you say? These are your students! You didn't even expel the entire class!" 

"I only did that once," Aizawa rolled his eyes, "and they deserved it. Several of them were discriminating little pieces of sh - "

"SHOTA! Not in front of the mic," Present Mic covered Aizawa's mouth. 

Aizawa looked at his friend through the corner of his eyes and glared. Present Mic's hand immediately got off his mouth and Present Mic held both of them up, as if surrendering. 

"Sorry, sorry!" Present Mic chuckled nervously. 

"Kaminari could've easily beaten Shoda if he had kept calm about his speed," Aizawa said. "He let down his guard too early and too easily. Although Shoda's fast, he won't be able to beat something as fast as electricity if it were used correctly. Not only that, as soon as he got close, Kaminari could've gotten him out instantly. Instead, he was overwhelmed. Both of them need to work on being more cautious, Shoda needs to learn that speed isn't always the answer." 

"AND THAT, EVERYONE, WAS AN AMAZING ANALYSIS OF THIS FIGHT!" Present Mic said, like he just remembered there was a whole entire stadium of people to entertain. "THIS INFORMATION CAN BE USED TO BETTER PREPARE YOURSELF AND TO IMPROVE!" 

Yeah, Midoriya rolled his eyes, if they were conscious or at least, not in a different state of smartness. Perhaps Kaminari should work on his quirk control. 

"IN ANY CASE, WE'LL BE STARTING IN A FEW MINUTES. IIDA AND HATSUME, PLEASE GET TO THE HALLWAY AND WAIT TO COME OUT!" 

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Plot advice? Plot ideas? Just plot in general?