Chapter 23

"WE'VE GOT QUEEN OF MECHANICS, HATSUME MEI ON ONE SIDE AND WE'VE GOT THE MASTER OF SPEED, IIDA TENYA! WHO'S GONNA COME OUT ON TOP?!"

The two students stood on opposite sides. Hatsume grinned, her goggles resting on her forehead. On the other hand, Iida was standing up straight, but not to the point where he was too stiff. However - 

"Why's Iida wearing that?" Uraraka tilted her head in confusion. "We're not allowed to have support devices. But wait, then why does Aoyama have his belt?" 

"I," Aoyama explained, "registered my beautiful belt beforehand. It's allowed." 

"Iida, why do you have those on?" Midnight asked. 

"Ah! Am I not allowed to? Hatsume wanted to make this a fair fight, considering how Support Course students are allowed as many support items they want! I must admire her sportsmanship, it's truly remarkable!" Iida said, his arm waving like a robot. 

"Usually, you have to register them before the Festival," Midnight began. 

"Aw, please?" Hatsume begged. 

Midnight shook her finger. "You didn't let me finish. Usually, you have to register them before the Festival. However, because I was so touched, I will allow it this time." 

"Yes," Hatsume whispered, and she quietly fist-pumped.

"Thank you very much, Midnight-sensei!" Iida said. 

"You're very welcome!" Midnight grinned. "Now, let's get to business! Are you two ready? Begin!" 

And that began the ten minute commercial, in which Iida was made to showcase Hatsume's 'babies'. 

--------------------
Midoriya POV

Midoriya sighed as Iida finally stopped spinning and Hatsume stepped out of the ring. 

"I - Hatsume has stepped out of bounds!" Midnight declared. "That makes Iida this match's winner!" 

"I didn't really need to win, I just needed to get a big enough audience to show off my babies," Hatsume shrugged. "You really deserve the win for that! Thanks a whole bunch, Robot-kun!" 

"I - I - I guess you're welcome," Iida sighed in disappointment. "But I really did want to work for that victory instead of being toyed with." 

"That's the spirit!" Hatsume smiled, ignoring the later sentence. Whether it was on purpose, Midoriya didn't know. 

----------

The next match was Aoyama against Mina. 

It was a pity, Midoriya thought, that it ended so quickly. Aoyama had used his lasers to shoot out several beams of blue light. However, it was clear that he used his quirk too quickly, gaining a stomachache that allowed Mina to skate quickly on her acid, close enough to shoot acid at Aoyama's prized belt, which made Aoyama's pants fall. Embarrassed, Aoyama tried to pull up his pants but Mina was able to deliver an uppercut to the chin, knocking him out.

Huh, perhaps he should become a sports commentator. All he really had to do was break into that office and start singing - 

Actually, that'd be weird as hell. A halftime show would be better. 

"WHAT A QUICK AND DECISIVE MATCH! LET'S GO ON TO OUR NEXT TWO CONTESTANTS! TOKOYAMI, HE'S THE DOMINATOR OF DARKNESS!" 

"That's not a real word," Aizawa pointed out. 

Present Mic, ignoring Aizawa, continued. "HE'S GOING AGAINST A TOUGH OPPONENT, YAOYOROZU, CREATOR OF, WELL, ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!" 

What a stupid way to commentate, practically telling everyone their quirk. Jeez, why was UA so prized if they were this lax. Midoriya sweatdropped.