Chapter 29

The sheer joy for getting into the finals was evident on Iida Tenya's face, but he masked it over with a slight smile, just like he was taught. As much as he knew to speak out against anything that was unheroic (drilled into his head by his family), he was also taught to smile. Don't let them know what your misgivings and personal vendetta against them be shown.

However, he believed in good sportsmanship so he walked down to the grass, down to the wall where Shinsou was. Sticking a hand out, Iida grinned, "That was an impressive strategy!"

Shinsou looked at his outstretched hand before breathily chuckling, "It didn't work, though." He shook his head while saying this, as if it were confirmation or reassurance.

"You almost did," Iida admitted, remembering the quick panic that had gone through his mind. "You're going to have to get me next time. But I'm not going to hold back either."

Shinsou glanced at his face before looking back down at his hand. A small smirk appeared on his face as he grasped the hand and pulled hinself up. "I'm looking forward to it."

The two teens looked at each other, their dreams flowing through their head as they both faintly registered Present Mic's speaking and the crowd's cheer.

(A phone rang in the distance, buzzing three times before the call ended. After five more tries, the phone became silent once more.)

--------------------
Stands POV

"That was short," Bakugou commented before getting up from his seat in the stands to go back down to the waiting room. Again.

"Where are you going?" Mina asked before she went, "Oh, right. Finals!"

"Good luck, dude. We'll be rooting for you!" Kirishima shot a thumbs up at Bakugou.

"And for Deku. This win is for him, right?" Kaminari added.

"Hah? And how would you know that?" Bakugou replied.

"Easy, you barely have any friends! And they're dead! Who else could it be?" Kaminari answered.

"Why you little piece of shi-"

"Come on, let it go, you don't want to miss your match, right?" Sero waved his hands in front of him.

"THE FINALS IS NEXT AND I BET ALL OF YOU ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO IT! WE'LL BE HAVING A TEN MINUTE BREAK FOR BOTH YOU AND FOR OUR FINALISTS. GO TO THE BATHROOM, GET A SNACK AT ONE OF THE AWESOME CONFECTIONS STANDS OUTSIDE, STRETCH YOUR LEGS! PLUS ULTRA!!"

Kaminari froze as a demonic grin formed on Bakugou's face. "Ten minutes, eh?"

"Bakugou! You don't want to overwork your sweat over little old me, right?" Kaminari quickly asked.

"Then I'll just pummel you with my bare fists!"

"Save your energy for the finals!"

Bakugou didn't reply. Instead, he took a step forward and Kaminari leaned back with a high pitched squeak.

Bakugou, about to take another step forward, stopped and frowned.

"Deku, what the fuck do you mean, no?" Bakugou whispered. He rolled his eyes a few seconds later. "Whatever, nerd."

Kaminari let out a sigh of relief.

"Hey, Bakugou, what were you whispering?" Hagakure piped up.

"None of your business!" Bakugou snapped.

"I think a ghost being part of our class is something that should be our business, isn't that right, Bakugou?" Jirou looked over, her finger playing with one of her ear jacks.

"Oh, it's Deku? That makes sense."

"He's here?"

"Can you introduce us, wait, he knows us, right?"

"Shut it! How about we do this outside of the goddamn public?" Bakugou hissed, immediately quieting the class.

"You'll have to tell us sometime or later," Asui pointed out.

"Yeah, yeah, I promise and shit." Bakugou waved his hand. "I'm going, see ya later. Deku, wanna come?" He whispered the last part, though he was sure that they all noticed him saying it.

Two cold ghost swipes later, Bakugou was up the stairs and out the door.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++
Sorry for the short chapter!