Chapter 27

"And with that match finished, we move onto the final match of this round!" Midnight yelled into the stands, smirking at the announcer's box, where Present Mic pouted. Served him right, she thought.

"LET'S SEE WHO THEY ARE RIGHT AFTER WE CLEAN UP THE FIELD!" Present Mic quickly yelled.

Cementoss stood up and stretched before making his way to the acid-drenched concrete, slowly being eaten away by the acid.

Putting his hands on the arena, Cementoss concentrated and activated his quirk.

"AND LOOK AT THAT DISPLAY! LET'S GIVE A ROUND OF APPLAUSE FOR WHAT HE DOES FOR US EVERY YEAR!" Present Mic clapped and the crowd followed in suit.

"It's just my job," Cementoss rolled his eyes, but if he could, he would've blushed. [Same, my dude.]

After the stage was redone, Cementoss went back to his seat, where his phone buzzed. He looked at it and suppressed a groan. Guess he had to make the trip over to the third years' stage and fix their arena.

Sigh. [Give this man a break!]

--------------------
Bakugou POV

Bakugou stretched his arms as he waited in the waiting room. He had time. He was going up against Kirishima, so he should be as prepared as possible.

The thing no one said about going up against friends is that fighting against them wasn't exactly easy. It wasn't difficult, per say, as going up against your absolute enemy or nemesis, but it was hard in its own right.

You see, going up qgainst someone you know pretty well and isn't an extra to you is like standing on the stage at the talent show. You're nervous, duh, it's still a fight. It was just that, as much as you want to prove yourself to you know, you, you want to impress the other.

A cold swipe at his neck made him jump.

"Goddamnit, Deku!" Bakugou growled as he heard the tinkles of laughter in the air. Was he laughing to a tune of a sing or some shit? "That isn't funny! You could give someone a heart attack!"

Deku's laughter only grew louder.

"Shut up!" Bakugou's shout didn't help. In fact, Deku swiped his arm once. "What do you mean no???"

After what seemed like forever, Deku's giggles finally died down.

"Finally!" Bakugou grumbled.

"Yo, Bakugou! You talking to someone?" Another voice rang out  and Bakugou stiffened.

Well, shit.

"Mind your own damn business!" Bakugou snapped back and Sero, Kaminari, and Mina entered the room.

"So, that's a yes?" Sero replied.

"Like I said, mind your own damn business!" Bakugiu replied.

"You're talking to Deku, right? Can I talk with him?" Kaminari tilted his head.

"What? No - " Bakugou said before he straightened up slightly at the chill on the nape of his neck. "Okay, maybe. But don't bother him, okay?"

"Aww, look at Bakugou being such a nice human being!" Mina wiped away a crocodile tear, "Right, Sero?"

"Mhm," Sero nodded as he copied Mina's actions before avoiding a soft punch from Bakugou. "How come he can't treat us like that?"

"We aren't special enough," Kaminari answered. "Yet."

"Do you want to talk with Deku or not?" Bakugou threatened and they swiftly stopped, putting their hands in front of themselves.

"Now, now, Bakugou, don't be like that!"

"Yeah, we meant no harm!"

"Yep! Lighten up!"

Bakugou rolled his eyes at their antics before saying, "When Deku swipes your arm once quickly, that means no. Twice is yes. Thrice is I don't know."

"Jeez, what a boring system. You guys must have a lot of one-sided conversations. Right, Deku?" Sero asked and then he shivered before smirking. "Ha! He said yep!"

"Seriously, Deku?" Two swipes.

"You must be feeling so betrayed," Kaminari commented.

"Hey, Deku. Was that you in the USJ?" Mina asked.

"How'd you know?" Bakugou asked.

"Easy. He's always with you, the person over there at the USJ was invisible and unknown and he sang. According to Shinsou, Deku sings. I'm dumb, but not that dumb, I made it into UA," Mina put her hands on her hips as she listed out her reasons.

"Can you sing us a song, Deku?"

"He isn't your fucking source of entertainment," Bakugou warned and that's when the speaker above them crackled to life. They all looked up at it.

"Hey, folks! With the arena cleared, we can continhe the Sports Festival! Our next battle will start in five minutes! Get ready to battle, contestants!"

"Aww. Whelp, that's our cue to go back to the stands! We visited Kirishima already." Kaminari clapped his hands."Good luck, Bakugou!"

"Good luck!" Mina nodded and Sero repeated her words.

"Yeah, yeah, thanks," Bakugou muttered as they left the room.

"Friends forever, friends forever," Deku sang and Bakugou turned a slight shade of pink.

"Shut it, Deku!"

----------

"ON ONE SIDE, IT'S THE ROCKY WONDER, KIRISHIMA EIJIROU!"

The crowd yelled loudly as Kirishima used his quirk to punch his two fists together.

"AND ON THE OTHER SIDE, WE'VE GOT THE EXPLOSIVE LORD OF DESTRUCTION, BAKUGOU KATSUKI!"

The crowd cheered once more.

"What is this, a boxing match?" Aizawa murmured.

Midnight looked at the two boys.

"Are you reqdy to rumble?" Midnight asked and when both boys said their confirmation, she grinned. "Then what are we waiting for? Let's get this show on the road! Battle begin!"

The two ran up to each other and delivered their punches. One and another, they dealed blows, Kirishima's skin protecting the user until a small, yet audible crack appeared.

Bakugou grinned. "Shitty Hair, your quirk's useful until it breaks down!" With that said, Bakugou wound up for another punch, explosion ready in his hand.

Kirishima tried to grab his wrist, only for Bakugou's other hand to deliver an uppercut to the body.

Kirishima grit his teeth as he went for another punch and Bakugou winced at the contact.

"I'm not done yet!" Kirishima yelled and he started to vehemently rain attacks onto Bakugou, who clenched his teeth, brought his hands in front of him, and released a powerful explosion, knocking Kirishima off his feet as he rolled back.

Kirishima put his hands on the ground as he tried to stand, his vision swimming. He ran up to Bakugou, to deliver another attack but Bakugou was already releasing another explosion.

Kirishima's vision went black.

Bakugou looked down at the figure on the floor as Present Mic announced the results. As Kirishima was loaded onto a stretcher by a meducal bot, he furrowed his eyebrows before leaving.