Chapter 14

"I'm going to be fine, Deku, it's just a fucking Sports Festival. I'm going to crush them."

Two swipes. (Yes)

Midoriya floated behind Bakugou as the two went to UA. After a few days of training by themselves, it was finally the day of the Sports Festival. 

Their preparation for the Festival was actually simple. After Midoriya and Bakugou had gone through all the Sport Festival recordings they had collected over the years, they had came up with a few observations.

Observation 1: The first round always had some sort of competition, everyone vs everyone, to weed out the students. Usually, it was an obstacle course or a race, but once UA had done a survival round.

Observation 2: The second round included teamwork in some way shape or form. Whether it'd be through actual teams or making alliances with others, there was teamwork. It made sense, considering that heroes often had to make teams with people outside and in their agency in a split second. Over the years, UA had made sure each round every year was different. One time, it was dodgeball, another time, it was king of the hill.

Observation 3: No matter what, they had 1v1 rounds for the top 16 members. The two weren't exactly sure how UA made the matches - perhaps they just scrambled it up - but they at least knew what to expect.

It took a bit more digging, but they had found two other things that they hadn't noticed before.

Observation 4: The stage for the finals were very large. Although this is the case, students had to be in between the middle of the arena and the out area, causing it to be much closer than one expected. This happened several times. However, there are no rules for if you go over the line but in the air. The two had kept this in mind during training.

Observation 5: There was no time limit. The two people fighting could go to sleep on the stage and they wouldn't stop the match because nothing life-threatening was going on. Hypothetically, as long as all the matches were finished during the day, they had all the time they wanted.

After spending that day observing the Festival and figuring out best ways to get past each round and figuring out loopholes, they went on to the actual training.

Midoriya absolutely made sure that Bakugou was able to take on anything. The training involved working in cold conditions, in the dark, endurance, and a number of other things. Their main training area was the Dagobah beach, but they would also run (or at least Bakugou would) around the neighborhoods of Musutafu. 

(Although Bakugou wouldn't admit it out loud, he was now absolutely sure that his childhood friend was the strictest coach he had ever met.)

As the two friends rounded the corner to UA, something, or rather, someone crashed into Bakugou. 

"Omf!"

With a crash, Bakugou and the person went sprawling on the floor. 

"Oh, shoot, Kaminari, are you okay???" Mina yelled as she ran over to them. Kaminari groaned in response, rubbing his head where he hit Bakugou's elbow.

Bakugou, Midoriya noticed, looked feral. "Dunce Face, you have five seconds..." he growled roughly and Kaminari's eyes widened as he looked down. 

Kaminari was still on top of Bakugou. He quickly scurried off the explosive Pomeranian, who was slightly fuming at the electricity-quirked boy.

"Why the fuck were you even running anyway?" Bakugou asked as he put his hands on the ground and pushed himself up to a standing position.

"We're totally excited for the Sports Festival!" Kaminari yelled and Mina nodded fervertly.

"Yeah, you see, me and Kaminari here have been working on this new thing!"

Midoriya raised an eyebrow. Bakugou also did as well. "You do know that the fucking Sports Festival isn't for teams, right?"

"And that's where you're wrong! There's a round where you have teams, didn't ya know that, Mr. Sparky Sparky Boom Boom Man?"

"WHAT THE FUCK DID YOU JUST CALL ME?"

"Mr. Sparky Sparky Boom Boom Man?" 

"I'm going to kill you!" Bakugou yelled, activating his quirk to create small explosions at the two idiots who aggravated him. 

"Gah! Ashido, run!" Kaminari yelled, sprinting away from the raging boy. 

"Way ahead of you!" Mina responded as she ran towards the school. 

"Get back over here!" And with that said, Midoriya floated behind Bakugou, racing after Kaminari and Mina.

----------

The nineteen students which made up Class 1a and Midoriya stood in a hallway, waiting for their turn to be announced. 

"AND LET'S WELCOME THE SURVIVORS OF THE VILLAIN ATTACK, CLASS 1A!" Present Mic yelled, cuing them to walk out into the sunshine. 

What met their eyes was amazing.

The sun beamed down on them as they stepped out into the middle of the stadium, the crowds' cheers thundering in their ears. Excitement, anticipation, and many more indescribable feelings ran through their heads as they made a line before Midnight.

"AND DON'T FORGET CLASS 1B! FOLLOWED BY GENERAL COURSE CLASSES 1C, 1D, AND 1E!  THEN WE'VE GOT THE SUPPORT COURSES 1F, 1G, 1H AND BUSINESSES COURSE CLASSES 1I, 1J, AND 1K!"

To be honest, Midoriya thought Present Mic was being very biased. However, there was a reason, no matter how small it was. The audience didn't want to know about the other classes. They just wanted to know about the high schoolers who have already had their first encounter against villains. To them, this was like an interview, one they couldn't pass up. To them, these kinds of attacks were like TV shows. They never knew how dangerous it was until they actually are part of it.

No good villain attacks in broad daylight. They always plan in the shadows. 

So this was a performance of sorts. To tell the world everything will be alright. Because UA is here, and they make heroes.

The classes 1A to 1K lined up in front of the platform which Midnight stood on. She raised her whip. 

"Alright! Before we begin the festival, we're going to have a speech by our student representative, Bakugou Katsuki!"

Bakugou strolled up to the stage, walked up the steps, and lazily looked at the people in front of him before moving his head towards the mic to speak.