Chapter 19

Bakugou adamantly made sure that he was out of the infirmary at least twenty minutes before the third round started. Recovery Girl sighed as she dismissed Bakugou from the infirmary. 

"Don't overuse your quirk again," she warned him as he started to head out. "My quirk can only do so much before it's too much to heal you."

Bakugou stopped before looking at her. "What do you mean?" Bakugou asked, "Your quirk can heal a whole fu - flip ton of things."

"Remember how my quirk requires stamina from the patient? If they're in a dire condition, using too much can - "

"Kill them," Bakugou finished for her and she nodded.

"Yes, so don't get into too much trouble," she sighed, "although you do have a tendency for trouble, I can sense it."

Bakugou rolled his eyes as he opened the door and went out the hallway. Suddenly, he felt a shiver go down his spine. 

"Fuck!" he cursed, able to stop himself from yelling out the swear word. "Deku!"

Two cold taps on his arm confirmed it. 

"You didn't have to fucking startle me like that!" Bakugou hissed, only to feel slight fluctuations in the air. He shook his head before crossing his arms. "Even if it looks like we're alone, you got no idea where someone could be watching. You're a ghost, not a fucking god. The extras in my class already know you fucking exist, and I don't want anyone else to."

He started walking, knowing that Deku was probably calculating some sort of shit in his head before racing after him. A cold wind swatted the back of his neck several times, almost frantically. "Yeah, yeah, it was Elbow Tape," Bakugou explained, "Apparently heard us in the bathroom. Fuck, I didn't even know he was there!"

This time, the cold gust hit the top of his head. Bakugou scoffed. "Don't get pushy with me, damn nerd."

The two went down the rest of the hallway towards the stands when they rounded a corner and met up with a certain hero. 

"All Might!" 

"How are you, my boy?" the number one hero asked, a permanent smile plastered onto his face. 

"Good, I guess," Bakugou grumbled, hoping that he didn't notice the certain hero boy ghost next to him. He didn't need someone else besides a whole entire class questioning why his childhood friend was a ghost. 

"Ha! I saw the second round. I must say, I'm very impressed! Continue the good work and you might win it all!" All Might said. "I must be going soon, congrats on your win and good luck onward. Go beyond, plus ultra!"

Bakugou stared at the back of the retreating hero as he went down the hallway before continuing forward. He let out a silent sigh of relief. 

"Thank fucking god no one noticed," Bakugou muttered.

"What did you say?" 

Bakugou looked up before swearing in his head. Of fucking course, it had to be him.

Endeavor stared at the boy, his arms crossed. The flames that were part of his hero outfit could be felt from where he was and Bakugou could barely feel Deku's presence behind him. 

"Boy, answer me."

Bakugou looked up at the hero with a less-than-impressed expression on his face. "I don't need to answer any of your shit questions."

The red fire grew just a bit.

"I won't have anyone disrespect me, even if you are a hero student. Scratch that, especially if you are just a student."

"Then too fucking bad," Bakugou spat back, "Now move out of the way."

"Then answer my question. What did you say?" Endeavor said. "You need to learn respect."

"I'll give you respect when you fucking earn it!" Bakugou glared at the number two hero. "From what I know of you, you're less than the dirt on this floor."

"Boy, there is no dirt on the floor."

"Exactly."

The flames rose tremendously and Bakugou was sure that Endeavor was trying to intimidate him into surrendering. He sneered. No one could do that, and the number two hero was no exception.

"After all, you're the one who needs help to beat All Might, isn't that right, number two hero?" Bakugou jeered. "And with your son as well. Don'tcha know there's something called age, old man?"

"I'm only looking out for my masterpiece to make a mark in this world," Endeavor shot back.

"That's a weird way of saying that you care. Oh wait, you don't. After all, what loving parent secretly arranges a quirk marriage, abuses their family, forces a four year old to train - " Bakugou started before he felt Deku furiously swipe his arm. He glanced at the man in front of him.

Endeavor was trembling with fury, the flames dancing out of control. Those flames could've been something beautiful, Bakugou thought. If only they attached to an asshole. They could be free.

Bakugou quickly shook out of his daydream - if you could call it that - before saying, "Well, from the looks of it, you already know how shitty you are. Now I'm gonna go and you're going to fuck off."

He sauntered by the hero and continued his way down. Once he had managed to get to the stairs, he looked around and sighed quietly. That was close. But, Bakugou remembered, it was fun to belittle such a feared person. He grinned. Perhaps he should do that when he sees Endeavor again.

"Deku?" he quickly asked, gaining a cold chill on his shoulder. With that in his mind, he went up to the stands. 

"Hey, it's Bakubro!" Shitty Hair said when he saw him. 

"Bakugou, how's the infirmary?" Dunce Face asked.

"Fuck off," he muttered as he sat down in the closest seat to the aisle. However, his words didn't have any venom, and they seemed to know that as well.

"Aww, is Bakugou feeling friendly right now?" Raccoon Face teased. 

Bakugou raised a middle finger when Present Mic announced. 

"ALRIGHT, BEFORE WE START OUR THIRD ROUND, LET'S SEE WHO GOES AGAINST WHO!" Present Mic yelled, gaining a cheer from the crowd. 

"THE MATCHES ARE GOING TO BE SHOWN ON THE SCREEN NOW!" And sure enough, the large screen did change. "OUR FIRST ONE WILL BE SHINSOU AGAINST OJIROU! CONTESTANTS SHOULD MAKE THEIR WAY DOWN TO THEIR RESPECTIVE WAITING ROOMS! THANKS FOR ALL YOUR COOPERATION!" 

Bakugou looked at the screen. He was against Puffy Cheeks. 

This should be fun.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

For anyone who wants to know how my meet last week went, my school got the most 'first-places' and I'm proud to say I contributed to it! I got 1:15 for the 400 meters. I did not as well in the 800, 3:10 for that. But thanks to those who wished me luck!