1:5| Thorin ✦ Thunder

Darker than Blanc
1st Life | Daybreak
©Emika_3206

.
.

[1: 5] — Thorin Thunder

She dried his hair with a towel. He frowned when it was finally over and she was staring at him proudly, like a mother hen. He was in front of the fireplace, wrapped in thick blankets.

"What's your name?" She asked, while handing him a bowl of steaming porridge.

"Name?" He repeated. He had vague recollections of his parents, before they were ultimately captured by humans. At that time he had hit his head hard, that up to this day his old memories before did not resurface. He had experienced all kinds of injustices at the hands of humans. Humans were vile, humans were evil. He may not know his name, but he knew the fire burning in him was hate, and would only be quelled by vengeance. He knew his one purpose in this life— to destroy the royal family of Anamniseis. The royal family was the cause of his suffering, and the death of his family. He swears he would kill them; and return all the hurt tenfold, or he would die trying.

".... I don't have one." He muttered. He knew for sure that his father was human, and his mother was the faerie. Of the Scarcelli clan, the most coveted clan with their miracle blood and glittering wings.

But, he is a glypse, and abomination that was not all faerie, and not all human. With liquid poison running down his veins. When the humans found out that his blood was poison, he was near useless for miracle cures. Until they realized that they could use his blood to make the most lethal of concoctions.

At that moment, there was a horrible rumble of thunder, followed by a flash of light that momentarily illuminated the small cottage.

Her smile lit up.

"How about Thorin, then?" She suggested.

Thorin.... Scarcelli.

He nodded.

"How old are you Thorin? Twelve summers?"

He scrunched his eyebrows. Does he look twelve to her?

".... Fifteen."

"What?" Her eyes widened in absolute shock that it wasn't funny anymore. "Seriously? I'm really only three years older than you?"

He nodded with a frown, feeling oddly offended.

"Oh, this won't do. We have to make you eat more. I'm going to fatten you up!"

He gave her a bland stare. He had heard rumors of witches fattening up children then eating them.

"I'm not a witch," She emphasized. "Healer. I'm a healer. I don't eat children."

"What... does a healer do?"

"I make medicine!" She exclaimed happily.

He held his arms.

"I'm not going to use your blood geez. I specialize with herbal medicines. Everything I make is from plants," She crossed her arms over her chest. "While you're here, how about I teach you a thing or two about making medicine?" She offered. From her excited tone, he could already see the gears in her mind turning.

Herbal medicine?

".... Alright. I'll help."

To be continued...