6:4 | Ruthanne ✦ be strong

Darker than Blanc
6th life| Carissimi
©Emika_3206

[6:4] — Ruthanne ✦ be strong

It seemed that the injuries her soulmate receive only turned a notch worse as they grew older. Ruthanne rubbed the rather viscous scar in her arm, in an effort to perhaps send comfort to her soulmate out there in this world. It doesn't hurt for her, but for him perhaps his arm was already broken beyond repair or something. She wept for the person who was suffering on the other side of the scar.

Whoever he is, he doesn't deserve to suffer like this.

In times like this she always wondered what she would do when she meets her soulmate. Would she run up to him and embrace him, with tears in her eyes?

Would they end up just like mom and dad, living in a loving home?

What would his job be? A carthographer? A baker? A librarian? A businessman?

Whatever he is, whoever he is.... Ruthanne already loved him.

But sometimes, she can't help but feel jealous of the people around her that already found their other half. Even her shitty cousin Arcadius met his soulmate!

"Did you meet your soulmate Rousseau?" She asked her dear friend, who was a few years older than her. She always looked up to him like an older brother that always had answers to everything. And with all this soulmate debacle, it seems like he's someone who understands her plight.

"I.... did." He took to long to answer, as if actually hesitating. Her mother always regaled her with stories of other half.... so it can't be possible that Rousseau was sad... despite meeting his soulmate right?

"You don't seem happy about it." She pointed out, not knowing how rude she sounded at that time.

"I am happy, don't get me wrong," He shook his head, before forcing a smile on his face. "It's just that sometimes Ruthanne, soulmates don't end up together."

Her heart broke for her dear friend but at that moment, what she felt was heart-stopping fear.

Fear for herself, and the soulmate she never met.... and would probably never get to meet in this life.

"So my friend, you have to be strong enough on your own, even before and after you meet your other half."