49|forty nine

When San HaRoo had first seen Hwang JiYeon, he thought he had heard violins in the background and seen Rose's bursting around the girl's head like a halo

When San HaRoo had first seen Hwang JiYeon, he thought he had heard violins in the background and seen Rose's bursting around the girl's head like a halo. And a moment later, he was brought back to reality because that night, a string quartet was really playing music in the background and JiYeon was standing near the floral vases. 

Fundraiser events of the Conservative People's Party spared no expense.

San HaRoo, elder son of the then Governor of Seoul, had his eyes and mind fixed on the elder daughter of the Hwangs. Who seemed to be enjoying herself very well, just casually beautifying her surroundings by simply breathing. 

"Oye," HaRoo gave his six year old brother a pat on his shoulder, "you see that boy over there? He looks your age, go play with him." 

Little MaRoo looked up, annoyed. "Why?" 

"Consoles aren't good for the eyes. Go play with that boy, he has such a nice sister too." 

"Then you go play with his sister," MaRoo huffed and turned back to his console. 

"It would look weird," HaRoo said, "I am almost an adult!" 

MaRoo huffed again, as if his brother's incessant chatter was taking his concentration away from the tetris game he was playing and the child stomped away to find some peace. 

And then, once again, HaRoo was left sulking in a corner. Fundraisers weren't much fun, they consisted of people like politicians, attorneys, businessmen gathered together in some fancy hotel with some fancy decorations with classical musicians playing music to give the whole room a classy ambience. 

Honestly, HaRoo came there simply to see that gorgeous ballet dancer he had seen in the RGH fest last winter. Or so did he like to think. Even if he did not wish to, HaRoo would certainly be dragged for his social debut, because his father liked to show him off. 

San HaRoo. Head Boy of RBH. 

HaRoo was very close to walking away when someone his age walked up to him with glasses of champagne, one held in each hand. He stopped short before HaRoo, gave him a good look from head to toe, and then offered HaRoo a glass. 

HaRoo scoffed, crossing his arms over his chest and puffing up his shoulders. 

"Take it, really, I don't offer it twice." 

"Not of age yet," HaRoo lifted his chin and answered, looking down on the boy standing before him. 

"Just wanted company," the boy clicked his tongue and retracted his hand back, "James Kang. And you are?"