6| six

That was just the first game in the preliminary round

That was just the first game in the preliminary round. There were three more games remaining after this. Shin took a look at his watch, it was half past four. Wasting two hours watching matches of schools he didn't know anything about didn't seem like a very good prospect. 

YooChan was busy with his basketball player friend, Maroo. Shin looked around, there was no one really paying attention to him. Quietly, like a mouse, he got up and made his way through the push and pull of the swarm of bodies, safely making his way out of the court. 

Being in the same room as Park YoonJae made him uneasy. And Shin was one hundred percent sure the player was staring right at him when he missed scoring the basket. Was he missing something? A link, perhaps? 

The basketball court was in a separate building, and Shin had to walk his way back to the main Senior Wing to get his backpack and water bottle and go right home. Studies were more important than games, no matter how addictive watching games was.  

Park YoonJae was, no doubt, a genuine talent, and San Maroo's throws were otherworldly. But Shin didn't want to associate with any of them. If his guesses were true, Shin had probably broken two rules and it hadn't even been a fortnight since he had transferred. 

Was SooMin Noona really YoonJae's ex girlfriend? 

Shin cringed at the thought. There was no way it could be possible, how on earth would... they were both from a whole different level of economy. And if it was true, then SooMin probably disliked YoonJae. He had no right over to do anything and... 

But Shin wasn't Soomin's boyfriend for that matter. The poor boy sighed, bowing his head down. He had a lot of things to think about. 

"Hey, Tae Shin?" Shin turned behind when his name was called in a deep, smooth voice. 

He jumped when he saw Kim JaeHwan standing right behind him, a soft smile on his face and hands in the pockets of his pants. His stance was casual, relaxed, and his eyes were fixated on Shin's forehead. 

"Senior Kim JaeHwan?" Shin's eyes widened like saucers. 

"What a coincidence. I was also going this way." Kim JaeHwan smiled, his dark eyes crinkling up and he suddenly looked years younger. That was how he looked— a tad bit too mature for his age. And for some reason, Shin found his eyes masked over by a hint of sadness. 

"Ah..." Shin didn't know how to respond. He couldn't exactly tell this boy he didn't want to waste time watching games, because this boy was the supposed Head of the student body. It would be a straight up insult if Shin said anything on the lines of that. "I have some previous appointments."