2| two

_________

_________

"Student, where is your tie?" JungWon snickered, slapping his arm over JaeHwan's back.

"Mind your own business." JaeHwan pushed JungWon's hand away and grumbled. He was irate from having his ears chewed off by Professor Nam, his homeroom teacher, and didn't have enough energy to deal with JungWon's antics. Those would eventually end up in a romantic nuance with JungWon setting off a chain reaction of unsettling, possibly harmful rumours.

"Student," JungWon repeated in a sickly sweet voice, "where is your tie?"

"Alright, that's enough." He caught JungWon's hand in a death grip and raised it above his head, holding it in place until JungWon decided to deliver a kick to JaeHwan's shins. "That hurt," he groaned.

"Same here." JungWon rolled his eyes. He shook his head while rubbing his wrist and his bright pink hair shone in the golden sunlight. Sometimes, JaeHwan thought his friend's head looked like the cotton candy Aunt HwaYoung made when he was a child.

JungWon didn't know JaeHwan's aunt, or his family for that matter. It was a rather dark tale, a secret, and JaeHwan preferred to keep it that way. He thought he had got over it, moved on, but his mind was a mess that morning. That new kid, JaeHwan thought, bore an eerie resemblance to Yun HwaShin.

"Shut it, will you?" SeokWoo lifted his head up from the desk and glared at the two.

"SeokWoo-ya," JaeHwan poked his finger in SeokWoo's head, pressing the partition of his hair. SeokWoo groaned and raised his head, giving a death glare to whoever had dared to disturb his sleep. "We need to get to the canteen. It's recess."

"I'm not hungry." SeokWoo lifted his head up once and put it down on the desk again. "And fucking leave me alone, please."

"Awh."

"Oye," JungWon grumbled, "he said leave him. Why the fuck do you keep asking him to come with us? He doesn't even want that."

JaeHwan sighed. His two best friends hadn't made up. Yet. It had been almost a year, and both of them had sworn to keep the enmity until death. "So childish," JaeHwan murmured under his breath, "where's MaRoo?"

"He'd be eating with the basketball team," JungWon said and hopped off the desk, stretching his arms up above his head to crack a few tired joints. "I'm hungry, man. You're coming or should I go alone?"

"Hyung," JaeHwan looked at SeokWoo for a last time, his voice persuasive and pleading at the same time, "come on, get up."

SeokWoo grumbled audibly and pushed himself up, pulling a face that could land him a role in a zombie apocalyptic thriller movie as a zombie. The blackness under SeokWoo's eyes was actually a matter of concern, because his eyes were more black on the outside than on the pupils.