7| seven

To the world, SooMin was just an ex-girlfriend of Park YoonJae, first son of the Vice President of TK Constructions

To the world, SooMin was just an ex-girlfriend of Park YoonJae, first son of the Vice President of TK Constructions. Many would say she was completely out of her mind when she broke off her relationship with him, including her own mother. Others, including YoonJae's cousins and the rest of his friends and their relatives would ask what was she, a mere accountant's daughter doing with him.

She was average in looks, came from  middle class family and didn't have a future that looked exceptionally bright. Some often stepped on her feet and said questionable things about how YoonJae was wrapped around her little finger. The reality, however, was far from what YoonJae's cousins and friends believed. But she didn't give two dimes about what people said about her. She spent her time more afraid of what would happen if YoonJae heard those malicious rumors.

It had all been like a fairytale at first. At fourteen, YoonJae was every bit of an adorable, handsome and shy basketball fanatic. SooMin thought it was cute how he kept looking at her when he thought she wasn't looking. He tried to be rude first, rudely offering her imported chocolates and cupcakes when they met at the gatherings hosted by his father. SooMin's father had a higher rank in the audit team of TK Constructions, so naturally, he was invited to any gathering the Vice President had.

"Take it or leave it," YoonJae had his hand stretched out, a box of sakura cupcakes flown in from Tokyo in his hands. His face was turned to the other side and SooMin couldn't quite see the blush creeping on the sides of his neck and cheeks.

SooMin spent the next week trying to imitate the taste of those imported cupcakes. When she finally did, she gave them to YoonJae first. As usual, he grumbled and huffed, saying, "I don't like sweet things."

"Try one, at least."

YoonJae had torn off a small corner of the pink cupcakes, closed his eyes while chewing, while SooMin waited with bated breath. The next thing she knew was YoonJae's large hand grabbing the entire cupcake and shoving it into his mouth. SooMin laughed - perhaps the loudest she had ever laughed.

She liked him like that. It didn't take them much of a time to be childhood sweethearts, meeting at internet cafès, department stores and Han riverside gardens. She had liked him. Liked his enthusiasm, his own tsundere way of expressing love and the shy blush on his face whenever they kissed.

At first, she was too naive to notice how his behavior was changing. He didn't like it when she talked to any other boy. He didn't like it when she didn't take his calls. He didn't like it when she wore short skirts.

"Men are all wolves. You'd go out looking like that, they'd tear you apart."

He didn't like it. And he didn't hesitate to throw his massive fist on the face of some boy who would merely want to strike up a conversation with her. SooMin was scared down to the bone when she saw what damage YoonJae could do. But he begged her to stay, saying that it was a one time mistake and it would never happen again.