8| eight

"Let's get the facts straight," Professor Nam JeWon had a book in his right hand and a laser in his left

"Let's get the facts straight," Professor Nam JeWon had a book in his right hand and a laser in his left. "Thaad severely affected the entertainment industry. Which one of you will explain why?" 

JaeHwan looked at his class, waiting for them to respond. A boy sitting next to him raised his hand. 

"Yes?" 

"Isn't that a missile? Why would it affect entertainment?" 

Nam JeWon sighed. "That's the reason why I asked, Mr. Park? Will you care to tell us?" 

Park SeokWoo stirred, groggily lifting his head up from his desk and not caring to stand up. "Yes?" 

"Oh so you are awake, good to know." Professor Nam slammed his book on his dice, leaning forward with both of his hands on the dice. "You all," he said to the class, "except the other Mr. Park," throwing a sarcastic smile to Park YoonJae, "are should get serious about studies now. And consider school years gone, this is already the last—" 

"China." SeokWoo answered, voice rough from sleep. JaeHwan put his hand over his mouth to stop himself from laughing. 

"What?" Professor Nam JeWon raised his eyebrow, stupendified at the bluntness. 

"The answer to your question. It's China." 

"Would you care to elaborate?" 

Park SeokWoo already had his head down on the desk and started snoring. 

"Never mind," JeWon rolled his eyes, "Head Boy Kim would you like to try?" 

JaeHwan stood up. "It's an economical warfare," he explained, "they banned all of our exports, and banned boy bands and girl groups from performing there. Lotte took the biggest hit, I suppose. The revenue was about 6 trillion won." 

"5.9 trillion. But why was that bad?" 

"Our country is highly trade dependent, therefore it caused a hit in the value of won." 

JaeHwan finished, sitting down. 

"You missed a point there, son." Professor Nam shook his head. "Not only lowering the value of won, but also the hit on public sentiments—" 

"Leading to reduced demand in merchandise, ah, I left that out. But it also increased our ammunition strength, we can't leave that out." 

"Good. See this is a logical alternative to straight up warfare, and since this has all happened, our country should try to extend its market in the west. Of course now, this is just my opinion but you people are the ones who can fulfill this reality." 

JaeHwan sighed and looked out of the window. He already knew what was coming next. China and its smartphone manufacturing. His leg bounced up and down anxiously. Tae Shin. He couldn't just stop thinking about him. Why was he there, what was he doing there and most of all, his mesmerizing blue eyes. JaeHwan couldn't get his face off his mind, not for one second.