26|twenty six

"You're whipped." JungWon leaned back in the chair, resting his bruised elbow on the armrest. "You're fucking whipped."

"You can't blame me, Shin's a work of art." JaeHwan exhaled, smiling a little. Shin had dragged both of them to a convenience store, and made them sit down, despite both of them telling him it was normal for them- these bruises were tiny.

But when Shin looked like he was about to cry, JaeHwan let the younger boy do whatever he wanted, and Shin stormed off inside the store to buy antiseptic and bandaid.

"I don't see..." JungWon threw his neck back, trying to see what Shin looked like, from the glass doors. "I don't see anything erotic about him. Not interested in underdeveloped bodies."

"That's all you think, isn't it?" JaeHwan scoffed. "Try thinking normally, Shin's beautiful."

"Nah... I still don't see it." JungWon clicked his tongue.

"Why did you do it?" JaeHwan would have folded his arms on his chest, but his forearm had a deep cut from the brass knuckles earlier.

"What?" JungWon exhaled a laugh.

"Whatever the fuck you did, Won-ah. I am asking why?"

"Don't go head boying on me. This won't work." JungWon raised his eyebrow.

"I am not head boying- is that even a word?" JaeHwan sighed and put his hands on the table between them. "I am concerned about you. What would've happened if I was not there? Or what if there was someone we couldn't fight against? Worst case, JungWon you are breaking someone's relationship, you know?"

JungWon laughed, but it was bitter. And JaeHwan hated the sound of it. "You calling me a manwhore, eh?"

"No, God no! You're not..." JaeHwan shook his head, "when I look at you, I still see the JungWon who was my best friend, and didn't have this fake hair and persona plastered all over him all the time. You said it yourself JungWon, it was fun."

"What was fun?" JungWon swallowed the lump in his throat. The sky was getting darker, and it seemed as if it would start pouring down any second.

"Us." JaeHwan said softly. "Us was fun. When there was nothing complicated between us. The four of us."

"Yeah that's way back in the past," JungWon laughed again, the remnants of bitterness still lingering all over his words. He looked down, not wanting to look in JaeHwan's knowing, serious eyes. JaeHwan was always correct- the golden boy of the school- had never been involved with anyone, in any scandal, he had never resorted to violence without the absolute need, he had never broken a rule, but... he had also never been heartbroken.

Kim JaeHwan. What a facade.

He always got what he wanted. Be it grades, reputation, awards, trophies, anything. He was always laid back, passive, speaking or doing only unless spoken or been asked to do. For the first time, he had seen JaeHwan looking so brave.

"You're whipped as fuck." JungWon said once more. "Really, what do you see in him?"
Both the boys turned their faces around when Shin pushed the door of the convenience store open and hurried back to their table.

"He's special." JaeHwan winked at JungWon before standing up and walking to Shin.

"You're hurt, you shouldn't walk!" Shin cried, and to his horror, both the tall boys laughed. "Why are you so careless? What if you got seriously injured?"

"Shinnie mouse, it's really a fitting nickname. He's exactly like a mouse. See," JungWon smiled gleefully and pulled Shin's cheeks, "his cheeks are like play dough. How many dumplings can you stuff in your mouth in one go, Shinnie?"