29|twenty nine

Once upon a time, life was a fairytale for JaeHwan

Once upon a time, life was a fairytale for JaeHwan. Stardust and moonshine, a place where the tales his aunt told him at bedside came true. A bubble of just their own, the three of them and all the little happiness in the world. The past was so perfect and beautiful, it felt like the stamped and glossy pages of a picture.

"Hwan-ah, come here baby please."

"Noooo~" JaeHwan sang, wildly stomping barefoot on the soft grass. Aunt HwaYoung had a very pretty garden. Squirrels, butterflies and cats were frequent visitors. Everyday, JaeHwan spent the entire evening at Aunt HwaYoung's house after he came home from school. He liked spending time with her, and that arrangement was because none of his actual parents had the time to tend to him before eight at night (but he didn't know then).

Aunt HwaYoung, and that stupid little child.

He couldn't even speak. All he did was babble and squeak whenever he saw a cat or a mouse or anything squishy. And Aunt HwaYoung found his stupidity very cute and even fawned over him so much! The new baby was replacing JaeHwan at an unimaginable speed. Soon, he would be the one everyone loved and not JaeHwan.

"Come on baby, we'll take a picture together, eh? You, me and him?"

JaeHwan stopped running around and looked over to his Aunt for a moment. That evil child was still hogging all her attention, as he sat on her lap, looking extremely comfortable and fat. He was less than a year old, yet he couldn't speak properly. He was dearly clutching a toy, that weird round eared mouse, as if his life depended on it and looking extremely stupid- with those huge eyes of his.

Four year old JaeHwan stomped across the grass to his aunt, and stopped right beside that stupid son of hers. JaeHwan stood beside that small boy, who was sitting on the ground, clutching his toy to his heart and still looking very stupid.

"Je... yon..." he said, his blue eyes as big as saucers and the characters JaeHwan saw in cartoons.

"It's JaeHwan, dummy." JaeHwan corrected him and the boy nodded, as if remembering the name for eternity.

"Now I am taking a picture, one, two..."

But instead of smiling towards the camera, Aunt HwaYoung's tiny son tugged JaeHwan's hand and let out a tiny squeak, "Je... hyon..."
JaeHwan's eyes widened when he saw that child raise his hands to give him that toy of his, and try to smile an oddly unstupid smile.

It almost felt... nice, had he not had just two teeth in the front of his mouth and teary eyes. JaeHwan hadn't had the time to register when it happened, but the camera shutter did go off, and JaeHwan thought he had posed horribly for that picture.

Even though he did, the picture turned out to take it's permanent position on JaeHwan's bedside table, and his heart.

❢◥ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◆ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ◤❢