19|nineteen

"What are you doing?" Park SeokWoo raised his head up and broke his precious sleep cycle to give JaeHwan a judgemental look of disapproval. 

"Putting up the essay competition notice." JaeHwan stopped typing and threw SeokWoo a similar look. 

"No JaeHwan, what are you doing?" 

JaeHwan sighed. He had given a lift to Shin earlier that morning. It wasn't a lift per se, it was more of JaeHwan telling Butler Lee to drive to Shin's place and wait for fifteen minutes until the boy got down and was too burdened on seeing them. Shin had no choice but to accept the ride. 

"But look outside Hyung," JaeHwan pointed to the window and resumed typing, "it's raining hard. How could he come to school on his own?" 

"Why are you confusing the poor kid?" SeokWoo grumbled and put his head back on the desk. "He might catch feelings for you or something." 

Feelings. That word made JaeHwan freeze. He was messing things up. Messing up his own feelings, going out of the way for an unknown nobody to do things out of his character. JaeHwan had merely started the friendship because of his curiosity. Who was Tae Shin, why did he have such gorgeous eyes? But the more JaeHwan looked at him, the more numb he felt. 

A dull throb in his chest. A forgotten memory, a forbidden wish. 

"Don't disturb me." JaeHwan shook his head and resumed typing the notice. 

"What if he's the same person?" SeokWoo raised his head up again, a devilish smirk on his lips. SeokWoo's eyes were dull and tired, but they were gleaming with an ungodly hope for some drama. "What if he is the one you are imagining him to be?" 

What if. 

Dead people are supposed to be dead, JaeHwan. 

"There's no way." A dry, mirthless laugh tore through JaeHwan's constricted throat. "HwaShin would remember me." 

"If you are so sure that these two people aren't the same then what the hell are you doing?" 

"Why do you care?" JaeHwan didn't mean to have that cutting tone in his voice, but SeokWoo fell silent at once. He sighed, and the look in his bored eyes softened. 

"Do whatever you want. Also, what competition is that?" 

"It's an abstract idea of the discrepancies between law making and law implementation. Scheduled in July last week."