18| eighteen

"Oh? Looks like it's going to rain today."

Shin poked his head out of the window beside his desk. The strong summer Sun had gone to sleep in broad daylight hours, behind a thick blanket of cold, fat, black clouds.

"Feels like it's monsoon already," YooChan muttered. "Yo Shinnie, has it been a month since you transferred?"

"About a month and a half," Shin took a glance at his desk calendar and answered. Life was going great. Just the first month was rough, and then Shin figured out the rules to stick to.

First, he had to find himself something to flex. Stick to it, mention it every time until people know him and can't hurt him as their heart wishes.

Second. Ask the girl before dating. Her ex-boyfriends, or brothers, aren't allowed to speak anything in their matters.

Third, Park YoonJae is a big meanie, avoid him at all costs.

And the most important one. Which Shin was breaking at a dangerous pace. He had promised himself to stay away from all seniors. All of them, no discrimination, but then there was Kim JaeHwan.

"Your number, I said," JaeHwan had caught him in the recess, with a lunch tray in his hands, and had pushed his own mobile phone in Shin's face. "I want your number."

And Kim JaeHwan was outright scary. Big broad shoulders, large calloused hands, the bulge of his biceps, and his face.

A face fit for an army general.

"Yo Shinnie?" YooChan slapped his back. Shin winced, and then turned around to scowl. The pain had subsided, but it still hurt. Everything else had faded away, his busted lip, his black eye. Faded, forgotten, forgiven. The scars did remain, but picking on them didn't hurt. All Shin wanted was to never face something similar ever again.

"You're in Eco club, right?"

That was another cause of concern, because Park YoonJae was in that club. And Shin hated the club prefect, Min Suho. He was a two faced, slimy hypocrite.

"Not yet," Shin sighed. "I still need Min Suho to actually accept my application."

"Yah," YooChan made a teasing noise from the back of his neck, "Look at you. Disrespecting seniors already. You've grown up, Tae Shin."

"I wasn't disrespectful," Shin squeaked. And then he squeaked again when he saw his classmates hounding up on him to see how disrespectful he was. Shin had only taken Min Suho's full name without any honorifics. As that guy deserved to be called.