Announcement

The life in the Burrow was like that of Grimmauld Place, except that you didn't have to lurk in the rooms to see if something would kill or curse you. Meetings of the Order were still held at Sirius' house, as it was safer in terms of detection and protection against the Death Eaters. But almost no one lived there. Buckbeak was left in Hagrid's care, and Kreacher was sent to work in Hogwarts' kitchens. Sirius, on the other hand, helped Kingsley and Tonks to find Death Eaters, even though he didn't work for the Ministry. He had been offered a job there as a small compensation, but he had flatly refused. He had enough money and dignity, that was what he said. He had now gone somewhere in the north in search of my uncle, Igor Karkaroff, who had been hiding for the past year. Arthur was heading the Office for the Detection and Confiscation of Counterfeit Defensive Spells and Protective Objects.

During the day I stayed in the company of Molly, Ron, Ginny, and Fleur, which was a bit annoying. Until a few days ago, I longed to talk to someone, and now I was trying to escape her constant chatter and desire to braid my hair.

"I am glad that therrrre is someone to say a few worrrds to in this house. You can't say anything here except about watching chickens and cutting cabbage. "Fleur complained to me one day. "And I don't think they like me. Even this Hermione avoids me. And she just arrrrived. It's so hard when Bill is at work. But you probably understand me, since your lover is gone too. "

I just nodded, ignoring the fact that Bill came home to her every night after work at the bank, and I knew nothing about Remus, who was miles away and his life was probably in danger.

I got up every morning with anxiety frozen in my throat. My heart twisted and sunk with nerves while I waited for the new newspaper or the morning mail. I had no notice from him. He had warned me that he probably wouldn't be able to write to me, but I still had hope with every owl that flew into the house. I longed to have a watch, like Molly's, that showed where each member of the family was. True, hers was already showing only "mortal peril", but at least she knew if they're alive. My heart sank at the thought.

Towards the end of the month, Harry came to the Burrow. In honor of his arrival and his birthday in the evening, the twins, Sirius, Kingsley, and Tonks would come. Molly made me spend all day helping her in the kitchen with the preparations. I didn't complain, although my hand still hurt a little. The nausea had subsided, but on the other hand, I was sleepy most of the day. I attributed it to the fact that I hadn't moved much in recent weeks. And in general, I led an active lifestyle. A few more days and I was thinking of returning to my duties at my inn and helping the Order.

Freedom worked well for Sirius. When I met him at the door in the evening, life and the playful flame had returned to his eyes, and he looked stronger. Despite the fatigue of the long journey, he hugged me happily and smiled broadly at me. This smile is the most beautiful thing I have seen in a while, as it extends to my eyes and deep into my soul.

"There have been another couple of dementor attacks," he announced, as I passed him a large slice of birthday cake. "And we found Igor Karkaroff's body in a shack up north. The Dark Mark had been set over it - well, frankly, I'm surprised he stayed alive for even a year after deserting the Death-Eaters; My brother, Regulus, only managed a few days as far as I can remember." Then he turned to me, expecting my reaction to the news. After all, Igor Karkaroff was my uncle from my mother's side.

"Do not worry. I have never been close to him, even though he is a relative of mine. And I did not hide bad feelings. He was a coward, a traitor, and in the end, he clearly got what he deserved. "

"Yes, well," said Mrs. Weasley, frowning, "perhaps we should talk about something diff -"

"Did you hear about Florean Fortescue, Sirius?" asked Bill, who was being plied with wine by Fleur. "The man who ran -"