Part 6 - Interhigh Begins

Enjoy!

"I cut you guys some fruits yesterday night! Don't worry I have more then enough for the people who want more." I say as I pull out a container full of sliced apples, kiwis, pears, mangos and strawberries in baggies and the guys start taking one bag each.

"Thanks Miss Manager!" The guys say and I smile at them. I made them some rice balls for when we get home but I already put them in the back of the bus so they don't see.

"Let's finish loading the bus boys!" Oikawa says and the boys finish packing the bus while I check off if we have everything. Once we finish we all get on the bus and tae our seats. The third years and I sit at the back of the bus where all of the single seats are. I sit across from Oikawa, behind Iwa and in front of Makki and Mattsun. 

"Oh pass these on!" I say handing out copies of the roster to Kindaichi who passes them on after grabbing one. "We face Oosamaki first today. Karasuno is in our block this year and they have most likely improved since we've seen them so be mindful." I say as we sit back down. 

================================================================================

We place our stuff against the wall in the hallway but I keep my bag on my back and pull Oikawa away from everyone.

"What wrong?" Oikawa laughs and I look at him sternly as I open my bag and pull out his knee brace and he smiles nervously at me.

"I didn't even know-"

"You left it in the clubroom before we left." I sigh as I hand it to him.

"I guess I forgot." He says as he takes the knee brace with a frown.

"Y'know if you didn't have it I would tell coach to not let you play." I frown as I close my bag.

"Why?" Oikawa asks and I look at him dead in the eye and smile softly.

"I don't want to see someone I lov-.... One of my best friends get hurt." I say as I pat his shoulder and leave him to go to the rest of the team before I see his reaction. He must have caught me almost saying I love him and he knows I still do and he still loves me but we can only be friends.

"Y/N! You wanna go see Karasuno's first match?" Makki asks and I nod as the other third years come along, Kindaichi and Yahaba come along too.

l lean over the ledge and watch the Karasuno face of a team I've never heard of.

"There's that infamous quick attack. Tobio sets have gotten really good." I smile as I look at the ravenette below.

"I hope you cheer for us if we play them." Mattsun smirks and I laugh.

"I only have eyes for my favourite guys." I smile. 

"Look they won." Iwa says and I look at the score board and smile. Well done Tobio.

"They were such an easy team and they went all out what was the point?" Kindaichi asks and Oikawa shakes his head.

"They did well. That team could have began ranking up points as soon as Karasuno let there guard down." Oikawa smiles slightly and I see it. A part of him still has admiration for Tobio.

"C'mon we need to get to our next game." Iwa says and we all leave.

================================================================================

We beat Oosamaki and the team is having a quick lunch break before our match with Karasuno. 

I'm sitting on a bench outside with Iwa and Oikawa as we eat our bentos. 

"I'm exited to watch you guys play against crows. First game where you're here for the whole thing." I smile as I point my chopsticks at Oikawa. "If we win this game I'll treat the team to some Ramen from Ma's." I say and I see Iwa and Oikawa smile.

"I'l hold you to that . Well I'm gonna check up on the guys." Iwa says as he gets up leaving his things behind at the table.

When Iwa goes inside Oikawa looks at me and his lips form a line and I look at him in a concerned way.

"What's wrong?" I ask as I place my chopsticks down so he knows I paying full attention.

"Am I just a friend to you now?" Oikawa asks and I furrow my brows.

"Of course not is this because of what I said earlier about the knee pads?" I ask and Oikawa shakes his head lightly. "You and I have history Oikawa. I can't forget about you overnight." I say softly and I hear Oikawa hum in understanding. 

"So do you think we will ever get back together?" Oikawa giggles nervously and I do the same.

"I don't know Oikawa." I say softly and I see the brunette smirk his famous Oikawa-pretty-boy-smirk.

"Let's make a bet. After beating Shiratorizawa we start dating again." Oikawa smiles a genuine smile and I look at him nervously for a bit. 

"Deal." I smile, finally. We look at each other and shake hands and my heart quickens as soon as we do. I don't want to be a distraction for him but sometimes I want to be a little selfish and except something I know can go wrong in the end. I should just stop thinking about the future and start living in the now. Thats what I tell the team members when they over think, I should take my own advice.