Part 19 - Thank you.

Enjoy! Credits to the artist! If you know who did the let me know and I can add it in the chapter.

I sit on the floor and watch the guys play

I sit on the floor and watch the guys play. We've been here for an hour and Toru is spiking real spikes he uses in games.

"Y/N come play with us." Iwa says and I laugh before standing and timing my hair back.

I get into receiving potion and start receiving their spikes with a soft smile.

================================================================================

We decided to star cleaning before the janitor finds us. 

"This is the perk about having a key to the gym. I can come whenever I feel like it." I say sadly as I mop the floor. I won't have this key anymore, I'm gonna be giving it to Jin tomorrow at the meeting.

"Do you sneak in her-"

"Do you guys have a minute?" Toru asks suddenly. Cutting off Matsun's sentence. We are all cleaning up the gym. We have just lost to Karasuno. The team we were surely going to beat.

"NO! Don't do it we are trying to end this well!" Maki screams dropping his mop and pushing his hand out to Toru.

"Shut up!" Toru shuts Maki up and we all stop what we are doing.

"Thank you for the past 3 years!" Toru shouts before he burst into tears staring at all of us. We all look at each other before we all start sobbing.

"Damn it. I told you." Maki smirks a little.

Iwa was the first to cry before Maki who cried afterwards before Matsun who is hiding his face in his shirt. I start crying as I listen to everyone else cry. We worked so damn hard. We worked and worked but us third years will never go to nationals.

As the sobbing gets louder I drop my mop on the floor before crouching down and sobbing harder. Toru crouches beside me and hides my body into his chest giving me a kiss on the crown of my head.

The sobs turn into quiet sniffles and I pick myself back up and look at the team.

"T-thanks for everything. I-I. I really love you all." I sob and smile at my closest friends and boyfriend.

Maki, Matsun, Iwa, Toru and I all give each other a big hug. Are arms wrapped around each other in a close huddle.

"No matter who I see play, who I manage. You guys will always be my favourite team." I sob once again and the smile. "I'm so grateful that I was able to see you all grow and improve. I'm grateful I was on this team." I say as we let go off our hug and I wipe my eyes with a laugh. 

================================================================================

"This is where I split off." Iwa sighs as we reach an intersection.  "Y/N no matter what team I'm on or who I am going to meet you will forever be the best manager. You're too caring for your own good." He says before giving me a hug.

"You will forever be the best vice-captain and ace I will ever see play." I say as we release the hug. Iwa turns to Toru and takes a deep breath. "I can't be prouder to have you as my parter. And I'm exited to see you grow but if it need be, and there comes a time where we are on opposing teams. Just know, I'm gonna kick your ass." He says.

"Bring it." Toru smirks and the boys give each other a fist bum before Iwa walks off with a wave. I grab Toru's hand softly and we continue to walk to my place. Toru's dropping me off. We walk in silence, our hands intertwined. 

"Are you mad? Y'know cause we lost?" Toru suddenly asks and I stop walking.

"W-why would you ask that? Of course I'm not angry. I'm so proud of you all. Every one of you played amazingly." I say quickly as I cup Toru's cheek. "I'm really proud of you Toru." I whisper and peck his cheek. 

================================================================================

"I'm Jin Ito, first year class 4. I managed a soccer team back in junior high  but am well aware of the rules of volley ball. I look forward to working with you all!" She smiles and the other boys bow.

"I'm sure many of you haven't met her before so introduce yourselves to one another later. But I'm certain some of you know her." I smirk as I eye Yahaba who burst into red.

"Here is the gym keys and a fresh new notebook to keep track of everything." I say as I hand Jin the keys and book with a sad smile.

"Yahaba!" Toru sings. "Good luck taking care of all of these guys, you're the captain now. Watari you're his back up." Toru says and Yahaba's eyes widen.

"W-why me?" He asks dumfounded.

"You're both pretty-boy setters." Makki jokes and we all laugh. Are laughter dies down and the other third years smile sadly at the team. I clear my throat and begin speaking.

"We third years have seen you all grow and we will always be cheering you on. Practice, practice and practice, natural talent only goes so far. Work as a team and go to nationals next year. Do your best, I believe in you all." I say and they nod. "Thank you for the years we have spent together!" I bow and the other third years follow.

"Thank you!" The other third years say. The younger members look at us with widened eyes before giving us hugs. We laugh as we hug one another until we let go. The third years turn to Coach Irihata and Coach Mizoguchi and bow.

"Thank you for coaching us!" We say, teary eyed and the 2 older men smile.

"You all will amount to great things. You will always be welcomed in our gym to practice." Irihata says and we smile. We turn to the exit and Toru smirks before turning back to the team.

"I'm trusting you guys. Remember, if you're gonna hit it, hit it til it breaks." He smiles as we leave. Toru's the last out of the gym and closes the gym doors with a large sigh.

We walk to a bench and all slum onto it.

"Fuck that was tough." Mattsun says and Iwa laughs dryly.

"No shit." Makki says.

"Oikawa, that was such a dramatic exit." Iwa remarks and Toru sticks out his tongue.

"If I'm gonna leave I'm gonna make it memorable." He retorts.

"I can't believe it's really done. Now we have 4 months till graduation and it's off from there. This  year is moving too fast." I sigh.

"Let's not think about it right now. Think about it when we get there." Toru says. He grabs my hand, brings it to his lips and kisses it softly.