Part 27- Decisions and Coaching

Enjoy!

"Run like you mean it!" I scold at Kunimi who straighten up and begins sprinting

"Run like you mean it!" I scold at Kunimi who straighten up and begins sprinting. "Thank you! You are gonna hate me now but this is stamina training. A 40 minute run around the track!" I call out to the boys. "And done! Good job everyone!" I smile and the smile back tiredly. They all sit in a circle in front of me while I write some things down on my clip board.

"Yo Y/N. Why are you here? Where are Mizoguchi and Irihata." Yahaba asks and I smile.

"I might be Coaching next year and I just wanted to see what it was like and might I say. This is my kinda work. I get to move around and be around active people." I smirk as I look at the boys who smile back at me.

"Take it!" Jin asks shaking my arm. "These boys smell and are loud and moan in the storage closets! Please for crying out loud Y/N! I'll even start calling you Coach right now!" She pleads and I smile.

"I-I probably will." I say and the second years raise their brows.

"Oikawa?" Watari asks and I shake my head.

"We'll figure something out." I say and they nod. "Well lets do those last 20 minutes." I say happily and the guys groan. "I'm coming too!" I say as I start running ahead. "C'mon!" I say and the guys laugh before catching up to me.

"Whoever wins will get a free ice pop from the convenience store!" I call out an we all start sprinting around the track. I haven't run in a while so I'm a little rusty so it's good that I got a head start, but fuck. This is really fun.

TORU POV (BECAUSE I AM ALMOST DONE THIS BOOK, CHAPTERS MAY BE IN OIKAWA'S POV)

"Look at her she's a natural." Iwa says.

"She's always been the type to take charge.'' I smile sadly and Iwa pats my shoulder. "She's gonna take the job." I say and Iwa nods.

"What about you two?"

"I guess we are gonna need to figure it out." I say knowing that we would break up. Iwa, Makki and Mattsun know too. I don't want Y/N to waste college reaching out to me when she can sate a guy who can be there for her. I won't like it but I want her to be happy. "I don't want to hold her back."

"Are you gonna be okay?"

"As long as she is happy. I'm fine. She needs to take this, look at'er."

"You really love her Oikawa." Iwa laughs and I nod as we watch her run ahead of the team as she yells at them to keep up with a smile that even the tired guys smile back. She jokes and calls them slow, even though they're running faster, she just gotta head start.

"I do." I smile to myself. "I don't wanna be the jerk boyfriend who stops her and holds her back." I say.

"Oikawa you are an honourable guy but don't let that get to your head."

"You've been calling me Oikawa more and more. Is it because you finally th-"

"You're still shitty as he;;." He says flatly and I frown.

"Fuck you Iwa-chan." I say and Iwa pats my shoulder comforting me.

Y/N POV

"This definitely helped my decision but I'll still be thinking ab-"

"Take the job!" Toru interrupts me running up to Irihata and I while we clean the storage closet . I widen my eyes and look at him. 

"I'll give you two some privacy." He say leaving the closet and closing the door.

"Wh-what?" I say and Toru takes my hands.

"Iwa and I saw you today coaching. And you are really fucking good at it and you were happy." He smiles at me caressing my face. "Take the job." He says.

"Wh-what about you?" I ask and he smiles.

"Best friend's stay together forever right?" He smiles sadly and I collapse into his arms and he embraces me. We are breaking up soon.

"I love you, I love you." I repeat and Toru kisses my hair.

"I love you Y/N. I really love you." He chokes out.

"I don't want to b-break up though." I whisper into his chest.

"We still have a month. Let's make it amazing." He says.

"I-I'm sorry!" I sob and Toru holds me to his chest.

"Don't say that. We will always be there for each other. Maybe I can come here when I go pro? Maybe that'll be an option but I know we are always gonna be there for each other. Promise." He whispers and I smile.

"Deal." I sniffle. Best friend's stay together was a pretty childish way of thinking huh? He grabs my face and kisses me. It's wet and messy because of our tears but we don't care anymore.

================================================================================

"I'll take it." I say firmly and Coach Irihata smiles along with Mizoguchi.

"Good. Mizoguchi, guess you're getting a raise and I'm retiring without worrying!" Irihata smiles at the man who grins and mouths 'thank you' to me and I smile.

"We'll finalize the details in a few weeks but you should be going home now. It'll be nice working with you." Mizoguchi says and I nod.

"Have a good night! Thank you so much!" I smile as I rush out of the gym where Toru is waiting for me.

"I guess I should be calling you Coach L/N now huh?" Toru smiles and I nod jumping into his arms and embracing him.

"Thank you Toru.  I love you so much." I say and he hugs me back.

"I love you too. And don't thank me N/N. I saw you Coach and you were good at it and you looked so happy I couldn't keep that away from you." He whispers in my ear before kissing the shell. A habit he's picked up after a while. "Let's get you home love." He says and takes my hand in his, intertwining them. I really love this boy which is gonna make things harder when he leaves and I stay here..