Part 7- Before

Enjoy!

"I'm trusting you guys. " Oikawa says as we walk to the end of our side of the court to say our thanks before the game. The whole team's demeanour changes. Out of Oikawa's mouth that would sound like a joke or a charming remark to anyone else but the team takes Oikawa so seriously. He says it every time and we still take it seriously. The first and second years all look up to him. 

"Thank you for the game!" We say as we stand foots away from Karasuno. 

"You guys can do it. I believe in you all." I smile at the boys and say what I always do before a game. I say it all the time but I mean it, I do. No matter how much I care for little Tobio it will always be my team. The team looks at me and nod. I walk up to Oikawa and pat his arm and he puts his other hand over mine.

"You got this Captain." I say and go to sit down on the bench. I know Oikawa is nervous about facing Tobio.

Match 2 Karasuno. Set 1.

================================================================================

"Pay attention to shrimps words. When they are doing a regular quick he says bring it here or something with the word bring but when its the freak quick its give it or give me."(I really don't know what that means but ok Oikawa I still love you.) Oikawa explains as the team circles around him. 

"How did you decode that so quickly. It's only the middle of set one." I say as I hand him a bottle of water.

"I was watching the video of the practice match and I already knew something was up." He explains after taking a swig from his bottle.

"That's why you stayed up late. I'll let it pass though because you are a genius setter." I sigh as he sticks his tongue out at me. I look to Karasuno and they have worried faces on each team member.

"I think they know that we know about their little trick." Kindaichi says and Oikawa smiles.

"Let them know. It will only mess with them more." Oikawa says and the team nods.

================================================================================

We got the first set easily but this second set is more challenging. I guess Karasuno has gotten used to us and adapting to the way we play. We are nearing the end of set two and the game is in Karasuno's favour. I watch the game go on and I pay closer attention to Tobio. He is moving differently going into a setting position. He's going to setter dump to spite Oikawa and that's what he did.

He positioned himself to make it look like he is going to set to the carrot top but instead he dumped it into the court. Theres a brief moment where Tobio looks down onto Oikawa and it breaks my heart just a little. Iwa and I make eye contact and we both know that Oikawa is looking down on himself.

Oikawa has always been hard working as long as I've known him since the begging of junior high. He was a Captain, Iwa was he ace and I was the manager.

He was always athletically built. He had a sturdy build, a charming demeanour, determination and a passionate leader. He was and is a natural leader and he soon became the captain back at Kitagawa Daichi. He seems almost perfect but someone would always stand in his way. From being at the top, from going to nationals. I want the team to go to nationals this ear, I know I sounds dramatic but shit hit he fan when Tobio came into the picture. No matter how much I care for Tobio and want him to succeed I don't want it to be on Oikawa's expense. I know Oikawa's worked harder.

FLASHBACK (I'm going to be writing this like a narrated memory like the ones in the show)

"I'm Tobio Kageyama! I've played this game for years and I'm exited to play with you all!"  is when it started. Oikawa had just gotten the Captain position and everything was going perfectly. Oikawa was book smart, athletic, popular and was able to jump serve a 14.