Part 12 - After Shiratorizawa

Enjoy!

They're all so hottttt.

Our bus isn't here yet and the third years are sitting on a bench in one of the hallways.

"I'm staying on the team." I break the silence and straighten my back. The boys stop eating the snacks Toru and I packed yesterday and look at me, giving me their full attention. "I still haven't found a new manager and I don't want to leave the younger members without one. I still want to fulfil my responsibilities. I want to help the team go to nationals. I want to see it. I love helping you all. I love seeing you all improve. I love seeing you all happy after winning a game. " I finish wiping my eyes before I start crying.

 I've been crying a lot these past days but who can blame me. I've seen the team grow since I was a first year who was shy around a bunch of older guys. I've seen this team evolve and I want to be apart of their growth as long as I can. I've even been thinking about coaching the team once I graduate college, or maybe I can coach the girls team.

Makki, Mattsun, Iwa and Toru look at me and smile.

"Y-Y/N." They whisper before crushing me into a hug. I start crying and hug them back as we fall off the bench onto the floor. We laugh as we break the hug and sit on the floor.

"We're staying too." Toru smiles and grabs my hand. I look over at the other 3 who nod.

"We can't leave our manager." Makki punches my arm.

"Now we work for  the Spring Prelims. You all will be better, stronger by then." We look behind us to see Coach Irihata smiling at us. I wipe my eyes embarrassed and Coach laughs.

"I know I can count on you 5 to carry our team to Nationals. You 5 are the foundation of this team." I look at Coach confused and he laughs. "Even you L/N, know that the team appreciates your work and we will all be happy about it. I heard what you 5 said. Now come on the bus is here to pick us up, everyone is already in the gym." Coach leaves and the 5 of us look at each other and laugh.

"Coach must think I'm so dramatic!" I laugh and the guys do as well.

"We are gonna be just fine." Iwa says as we walk out of The Sendai City Gym. We'll see you in a few weeks. And we are gonna take home the gold.

"Let's go home." I smile as I grab Toru's hand. Toru puts his arm around Iwa, who puts it around Makki and I put my arm around Mattsun's back because I can't reach his shoulders.

"When did we get so so cheesy?" Makki laughs.

"Who knows." Toru says as we walk to the bus. 

================================================================================

"Wh-Why are you guys so happy? We just lost a match that could have gotten us to spring nationals?" Kindaichi asks as the other 3 third years and I get onto the bus.

"You need not worry Kindaichi!" Toru sighs happily as he slumps on his chair. "Why would I be distraught. I have a great team, I'm back with my sweet N/N-chan." Toru continues in a sing song voice and Iwa rolls his eyes. The bus starts driving us back to school.

"Shut up Loserkawa." Iwa complains and I laugh 

"We've just decided we'd stay on the team." Makki smiles and the younger members of the team turn their heads to pay attention.

"You are?" Yahaba asks and I nod.

"We want to succeed with you." I smile.

================================================================================

"Good night everyone get home safe!" I wave to the others as we go our separate ways. Toru is walking me home and I grab his hand , intertwining our fingers. We walk in silence for a bit.

"Are you okay?" I ask softly as I turn my head to face him. He looks at me and smiles.

"Y'know Y/N I am. We still have another chance to get into nationals and we are gonna do it. We are a strong team. I'm not a terrible Captain either."  Toru chuckles at the end of his sentence and we stop walking and just look at each other.

"I love you Toru." I smile and cup his face with my hand.

"I love you N/N-chan." Toru says in return. He brushes hair from my face and brings the same hand to my cheek and the other to the back of my neck. He pulls me into a kiss and I smile. He's always gentle when he kisses me. Even when we make out. It's in his nature I guess. He's never rough with me or pushes my boundaries. 

We pull apart and Toru brushes his thumb over my bottom lip and kisses my forehead.

"Maki's right. You really are a softie." I smile and we continue walking hand in hand.

================================================================================

"Good night Mom." I say as she pats my head.

I walk down the hall, into my room and lie down on my bed. My phone starts ringing and I answer.

"It's Tobio."

"Hey Tobio."

"I heard what happened during your match. You good?"

"Ya I'm fine we still have the Spring High prelims so I'm not too worried. So, what's up?" I ask.

"I was wondering if you wanted to come by to practice again tomorrow after class."

"Sure. I can be there right after class. Coach Irihata cancelled practice tomorrow so we can have a break so I could head over." I say.

"Cool. See tomorrow good night."

"G'night Tobio." I say before hanging up.

I need to start looking for a manager. Oh! And Kyoutani, we need to get him back onto the team.