Part 16 - Affections

Enjoy!

I feel my eyes go wide as I see the seen play out before me

Toru blends in perfectly with a college team. He adjusted in a matter of minutes and now, to a stranger. It looks like he has been playing on this team for months. He truly is a natural.

I keep score of all of the points given to our team without Toru and it's a big change. We were already losing this set but now, without Toru our point gap has gone done by 5. With the score of 22-17, favouring the college team plus Toru. The college team wins the set and our team goes back to the bench. I rummage through the bottles of water and pick up one that belongs to one of the college teams.

"Good job babe!" I smile as I kiss his cheek. "I'm just gonna go return this." I say swinging the bottle and walking over to the college boys. They sure are intimidating. They are around the same height as are 3rd years  but they are stronger built with broader shoulders.

"Urm.. Excuse me? Does this bottle belong tony of you?" I ask quietly and feel all of the eyes on me towering over my shorter frame.

"Oh my god she's so small compared to you Kazuma!" One of the boys shriek as they point to the tallest member of the team who stands 6'7. "She's like a kitten! To bad she's dating that pretty boy captain. If you ever need help the names Nakashima Kousuke. I hope I see you tomorrow!" The black haired boy continues with a smirk. I widen my eyes and let out a nervous laugh. I place the bottle down onto the bench and rush back to my team with an embarrassed expression. I walk back to the 3rd years who laugh at me before I burry my face into Toru's chest. 

"Aww N/N-chan they were just teasing." Toru giggles and I shake my head.

"They were all so much bigger than the rest of you!" I whine. "Who is 6'7?" I ask and the guys laugh.

"For someone so tough you sure get scared." Yahaba snickers.

"You don't have a girlfriend so shut up." I laugh.

================================================================================

"You really did well today. You blended in perfectly with a college team." I smile as I look up at Toru. My head rests on his lap and I stare up at him and play with his hair. He grabs my hand and kisses it gently. We are sitting on a bench outside of the inn. Practice ended and we were given some free time before curfew.

"You're so pretty N/N-chan. When the moon shines on you, it just ads to your perfection." Toru says softly as he rubs my collar bone through my shirt. "I'm gonna love you forever. I promise I will. I will with all I am. You are so amazing Y/N and I don't know how I've gotten with someone as amazing as you." He continues.

"Where's this coming from?" I ask as I continue to play with his hair.

"I-I don't know. I just don't think I've told you before. " He chuckles and I sit up and lean my head on his shoulder.

"Well, Oikawa Toru. I promise to love you forever and ever with all that I am too. I'm the lucky one. " I smile as I burry my face in his neck. He wraps his arms around me and sways me side to side gently. 

"Once we get back home it's the spring inter highs." I comment. "You guys are gonna win. I feel it." I say. I lift my head up and look him straight in the eye. He stares at me before cupping my face in his hands and leans in. I can smell the faint scent of vanilla.

"I'm so in love with you." Toru says again and I smile.

"I love you Toru, I do." I whisper and he guides are faces together. We move our lips in time with each other. Toru is gentle, he's always been a softie when it comes to physical affection. He told, maybe about the seventh time we've made out like this, "I want to make sure you feel cared for. If I'm rough and rush how can I show that?" and I think about that often. Love, at least for Toru and I is gentle and calm. 

We pull a part and I keep my eyes closed as I sigh. 

"How did I get so lucky N/N-chan?" Toru asks.

"I ask myself the same question." I giggle. I lean my head back onto his shoulder and hug his arm. "I can't believe it's gonna be done in 5 months." I sigh, referring to high school. 

"I can't believe we already sent in college apps." Toru chuckles.

We hear the door to the inn open and we both turn around to find Iwa and we wave.

"Am I interrupting?" Iwa asks and we shake are heads.

"Whats up?" I ask.

"The guys and I were wondering where you were."

"Oh sorry!" Toru sticks his tongue out. "We'll come inside in a bit. It's just nice and warm right now."

"Kay. See you inside. I'll get you guys some milk tea from the vending machine, Im already getting some for the others."

"Thanks!" Toru and I both say.