Part 11 - Shiratorizawa

Enjoy!

"Okay everyone's here!" I smile after I finish counting the boys. I go to the back of the bus and sit in the window seat  next to Toru. Maybe this bus is better than the one we usually use. In this one I can sit next to my boyfriend.

Toru smiles at me and rests his head on my shoulder and hugs my arm..

"Aww Oikawa's such a softie." Makki teases and Oikawa sticks out his tongue.

"Only for N/N-chan!" Oikawa whines.   He brings my hand up to his lips and pecks it and I kiss his forehead.

"Well. We're all glad you got back together." Iwa says. "Practice has been awkward as hell." He sighs.

"It wasn't that bad." I defend and Yahaba turns back to look at me.

"It was." He says flatly. "We actually knew you would get back together we were just betting on when. Guess who got 4132 yen?" Yahaba sadly says as he points to Iwa and Toru and I lift our heads.

"You bet money?" I laugh and the boys nod.

"The rest of us other than Iwa thought you would get back together by the Spring Prelims but we were wrong." Kindaichi says and Toru and I turn to Iwa.

"How'd you know?" Toru asks and Iwa shrugs his shoulders.

"I don't know. You guys would both come to me and say how much you missed each other and I know my friends well." Iwa says in a cool manner.

"AWW IWA-CHAN PAYS SO MUCH ATTENTION! HE'S THE REAL SOFTY!!"

"Shittykawa I will throw you out the window."

================================================================================

"I believe in you all. You will win." I say. I walk up to Toru and kiss his cheek before I go walk to the bench. On my way back I can feel Ushiwaka eye my back and it irks me. That Mr. Perfect, golden boy ace. He has always been our teams main competitor. They are the one team we have always lost a game to and that will end today. I want it to and the rest of the team does too.

The two captains from both teams shake hands as the others get into position.

I watch Toru and Ushiwaka shake hands and have a small conversation which ends with an annoyed look  on Ushiwaka's face. Coach Mizoguchi turns to me and points to my leg. I look down to notice my leg tapping at a quick pace and I start giggling in an embarrassed way.

"Relax L/N. Our boys will do their best." Coach Mizoguchi says and I nod as Coach Irihata laughs.

"Ahh you always get like this before a big game L/N." Coach Irihata laughs again as he turns back to the boys. I turn back to the guys as well and hold on to my knees. My note book and pen in my lap. Shiratorizawa is up to serve and I glance at my team who have worried faces across their faces. 

"Don't get nervous no boys." I say to the boys in my head. I can't shout it to them now but it will help me come down. 

================================================================================

Tendou Satori, the Guess Monster,  has just blocked  Toru's setter dump and the whole team is on edge. Shiratorizawa has already won the first set and to the people in the stands, it looks like they'll win this set too but we can't let that happen.

Toru calls for a time out and the rest of the guys come back and groan as they sit on the bench and take drinks of their water and wipe sweat off from their necks. The smell sweat and leather volleyball hits my nose stronger.

"Why did you call a time out." I ask as Toru sits next to me. 

"We needed a break. We are all out of breath and couldn't do anything properly because of it." He sighs as he rolls his shoulders back.

"What do we do Captain? They're 7 points ahead." Kindaichi asks.

"We just beat them. It's an easy thing to do. Just keep the ball in the air and make it hit the floor on their side of the court." Toru says sternly and the boys nod. "The best team of 6 wins and Shiratorizawa's guys make mistakes too. We will be fine." Toru finishes.

The guys nod in a disheartened way and I frown.

"Don't look like we've lost already. You're setting yourself up to failure doing that. Shiratorizawa is 7 points ahead with 18 points. We have 7 points until they win but we all have 7 chances to get this game tied. You guys will be fine." I say as I look at each of them and smile.

"Yes Miss Manager!" The boys say. A little higher in moral.

"Now go out and play like you always do!" I say louder.

"Yes!"

================================================================================

The boys lost. Maybe what I said worked enough to get the game tied but not enough to win. Even though Seijoh is top 4 in the prefecture Shiratorizawa remain the absolute champs. 

I look at the boys from the bench. Some of the guys are sitting on the court, tired from the game but Toru. Toru is standing up straight. No emotion is written on his face, but once he's alone. He'll break down into tears. It's the way he's been since our first year. The teams start lining up to shake hands and I line up as well.

"Thank you." Both teams say. As Shiratorizawa cheer and the guys from that team walk up to their supporters are guys hang back and look at each other. We all know what is happening now. Will the third years be staying on the team. I look at our second years, some are crying.I go up to Yahaba and Watari and put my hands on their shoulders.

"You played well today." I say and they nod and I look to Kindaichi and Kunimi who nod as well.

 I walk up to Toru who hasn't said anything yet and grab his hand. He looks down at me and smiles sadly and I do as well. I may be sad about our loss but the guys have it worse. They trained everyday, I just supported them.

We walk up to our supporters and bow.

"Thank you all for coming." We say then we walk back to Coach.

"You all played well. Now we just need to train and improve by the Spring Prelims. Our bus isn't here yet so feel free to walk around for a bit. When we get back we'll have a quick meeting then you guys can go home." Coach dismisses us and we walk out of the gym.

I walk outside and sit on the bench as the boys change out of their uniforms. Am I staying on the team? Are the other third years?  I look up at the sky and take a deep breath. Its time to make some decisions.