Chapter Seven

I gasp loudly.

Ashton pulls away from Nicole quickly, As soon as he sees me, His eyes widen. "El.. Its not what it looks like."

Nicole smirks over at him. I wipe my tears away from my face angrily. I storm away from them. He runs after me, grabbing my arm. "El-"

I rip my arm out of his grasp. "No don't you dare! The girl that made me feel so low, and you're standing there making out with the girl that did that to your best friend? How can you live with yourself? And you didn't even tell me. You have betrayed me!"

He looks so vulnerable right now. And it makes me sad. I shake my head, Trying not to fall for it. "Leave me alone. You have no excuse!"

I bump straight into someone, I look up, Seeing Mason. "Woah, you okay?" He places his hands on my hips. "Do you want to get out of here?"

I nod, A sob escaping my mouth. He nods, taking my bag off me, Leading me to his car. I get in his car, Whilst he drives away from the school. "Want to talk about it?" He glances at me.

I shake my head, silently.

He places a hand on my thigh. "Well, I'm here if want to talk."

I smile. I don't see why Ashton hated Mason so much. He's really nice and is so undetstanding.

"Thank you, Mase. Means a lot to me."

"So, Where do you want to go?"

"Maggies Little Bakery." I grin. Maggies Little Bakery is my favourite place to go. They make the best cakes, Ice creams, smoothies and milkshakes. Ashton always used to take me when I was upset. I sigh quietly.

"That place is so good." He pulls into the carpark across the road from the bakery, I quickly get out excited for my regular order. I skip over the road, Giggling. "Come on!"

I walk in, I see Maggie. I grin hugely. "Mary!"

She turns to see me, Her eyes widen. "Ellie, Darling! Where have you been?"

I pout. "Sorry I haven't been in for awhile. Maggie this is Mason, Mason this is the owner Maggie." I introduce them quickly.

"Its lovely to meet you." Mason smiles.

"You too, Love. The usual, Honeycomb and Chocolate milkshake with a malteser muffin?"

"You know me too well, Maggie." Everytime I'm in, I get the exact same thing. She doesn't even need to ask, She knows the answer. Mason gives her his order, too.

She hands us our tray. "It's on the house." She winks at me.

We sit at the booth,  Me and Ashton normally sit at.

Mason turns his nose up at my milkshake. "It doesn't look good." I sip my milkshake, Moaning in delight.

"Hey! Don't knock it until you try it." I slide the glass towards him. "Taste it."

He raises an eyebrow, He sips my milkshake, His eyes widen and I can tell he likes it. He slides the glass back with a straight face. "I dont like it."

"Bullshit!" I giggled. "I seen your face when you tried it!"

He grins sheepishly. "Its not bad."

I munch on my Muffin. I missed this. I haven't been here in months. Me and Ashton have completely forgotten to come, which I feel guilty about because Maggie loves when me and Ash visited. She would get so excited about it.

"I told you. I always get the same thing when I come here. "

"Do you come here a lot?" He raises an eyebrow. Mason is good looking, I hadn't really noticed before. He has brown/blonde short hair and has brown eyes. He isn't too small or too tall, Whereas, Ashton is tall. I bite my lip, Stop thinking about him.

"Normally yeah, Me and Ashton would come everyday after school.."

I notice that Mason tenses up, And he avoids eye contact with me.

"Is something wrong? I know there's a reason why you and Ash don't get on, There must be. It seems like you hate each other, Why?"

He scratches the back of his neck, awkwardly. "There's no reason, We just don't get on, you know?"

I shake my head. "I don't believe either of you."

"What are you doing Friday night?" He asks, changing the subject. 

"Nothing, How?"

"Well, um, Would you like to go on a date with me? I just-uh- If you don't want too, Thats fin-"

I laugh, Clasping a hand over his mouth. It was quite cute, Really. He was blushing and stuttering away. I have never had an effect like that on a boy. Especially a cute one. "I would love too." I response honestly.

Once we have finished, We get up and leave, And Mason drives me home, He pulls in my driveway, Turning off the engine.

I smile, Planting a small kiss on his cheek. "Thank you for today, It means a lot to have someone who I can count on. See you Friday?"

"Definitely.  I will pick you up at 7pm."

I climb out the car, I wave to him until he is around the corner.  I walk inside with a smile on my face. "Hi, Daddy!"

"Why you so happy, Munchkin?" He smiles, turning his head, Looking at me.

I frown, Remember the Ashton situation. "Just a new friend, That's all." I run upstairs, My back pocket vibrates, I grab my phone. Ryder. I frown, Answering his call. "Hey.."

"Holy shit, Why is Ashton so upset right now?" He sounds breathless.

"I.. found him making out with Nicole, Ry.." My voice cracks ever so slightly. I feel so betrayed, Mason helped me forget about it for the time being, but now its overwhelming me.

Ryder was silent, At first I thought he hung up but I can still hear his swallow breaths.

"What?"  He grunts. "I'm coming over right now."

I nod, Hanging up, Curling up into a ball, I had no energy to cry anymore.

___________

Sorry, It was such a bad ending, The feedback lately has been amazing, im so happy you all like it. 

I will be trying to update everyday.

Hope you liked some of Mason and Ellie scenes.

Question: What do you guys think of Mason?