Chapter Twenty-Seven

It's my first day back at school, I've been off school for at least 3 weeks and the school got in contact and said if I wasn't in soon I would not be able to graduate and I want to graduate so I can go off to college.

I sigh as my alarm goes off at 7am, I sit up, rubbing my sleepy eyes. I can't be bothered going to school I want to curl up and spend my day in bed but I know I can't.

I get up and pull on a pair of black leggings and a plain jumper and stuff my hair up, not in the mood to dress up. I put a layer of foundation on.

After I brush my teeth quickly, I make my way out the house and into my car. I haven't spoken to Ashton in three weeks. This is the longest it's been ever, me and Ashton are joined by the hip and to be honest I miss my best friend and I'm scared to see him.

I drive to school, Pulling into the busy car park and I begin to panic I haven't been around people properly since I lost the baby and I don't know how to act around such a big crowd and I'm anxious. I park the car and climb out the car, locking the car. I walk towards the doors and I take a big breath. I can do this.

I walk in the school and head straight to my lockers as soon as I turn the corner I see Ashton and Sarah out of the corner of my head, my eyes widen and I turn the other way hoping he doesn't see me. I hear footsteps behind me. Too late.

"Ellie!" Ashton grabs my arm spinning me around to face him. I avoid eye contact. "What is going on with you?"

"I-I gotta go." I pull my arm out of his grasp and run down the corridor towards my first class. Gym class. And then it dawns on me that Ashton is also in my class, although I'm glad Ashley is in my class too. I haven't seen Ashley since the day before the incident and I'm scared to see her, I know that she knows I had a miscarriage but she does not know Ashton was the one who helped me even make a baby and I want to tell her.

I walk into the locker and nobody is left in the locker as I'm a couple minutes late. I quickly pull on t-shirt and some shorts. I run into the hall and smile slightly at Ashley. She gasps, running towards me, Pulling me into a big hug, she whispers in my ear. "I'm so sorry. I should have come see you but I didn't know if you wanted me to come, Ashton told me you haven't been speaking to him."

"Ashley, it's okay honestly. I did need the space, I'm glad you're here now." I tell her truthfully, because I did need the space and some alone time and I appreciate my friends giving me that space.

Ashton and Kyle glance over our way, Ryder looks guilty and gives me a half smile, he probably feels just as bad as Ashley, I smile back at him, trying to show him that I'm not mad or upset. None of my friends would understand the grieve I was going through, it's never happened to them.

"Okay, class. Today we will be playing dodgeball." Mr. Collins shouts loudly for the whole gym class to hear. He puts us into teams and trust him to put me, Kyle and Ashton on the same team.

I sigh, making my way over to the other side, I side glance at Ashton whilst he flirts with the girls on our team. I roll my eyes. He's such a player.

We start playing the game and I swing a ball at one of the weakest players. Suddenly, a ball makes contact with my stomach, I double over in pain. My cramps these days are so bad and that ball has just made it worse. I feel someone's hand on my back, I turn my head slightly seeing Ashton. "Are you okay? You shouldn't be playing this after surgery." He helps me over to the bench, Sitting me down gently. He walks over to Mr Collins and whispers into his ear so nobody can hear. I watch as Collins nods his head.

Ashton runs back over to me and bends down on his knees, Grabbing my hands. "Sit this out. You don't need to play this, the doctor advised not to play anything contact for at least a month and a half."

Ashton rubs my back soothingly, sitting down beside me. "Why won't you talk to me, Ellie?" Ashton sighs desperately.

I turn my head away from him, avoiding his sad eyes. I can't give in.

"I need to go.." I lie, Getting up and walking out of gym class, I walk into the changing rooms, Pulling of my shorts and tshirt and I pull my jeans and throw on my jumper. I shove all of my Gym clothes in my bag.

I walk out of the locker rooms, Ashton is leaning against the wall. "Ellie. Why aren't you speaking to me?"

I growl lowly, he has the nerve to ask me that. "You want to know why?! Because it's all your fault! We should have never had sex, you got me into this situation and I'm unhappy because I lost our baby, and it was all your fault I lost him or her, if you didn't tempt me then I would have never had sex and gone through this much heartbreak. So that's why I hate you. You asshole!" I exclaim, banging on his chest with my small fists. He wraps his arms around my waist telling me repeatedly to stop. I continue banging on his chest sobbing quietly until I give in and let loose. I cling my fists in his tshirt and continue to sob quietly in his chest.

"I'm so sorry, El. So sorry." He whispers into my ear and runs his fingers through my silky smooth blonde hair.

I know deep down it is not his fault. It is both of our fault that we had sex but it's not our fault we had an ectopic pregnancy, it happens and it was way out of our control but I can't help thinking this is God punishing me for even sleeping with Ashton, things happen for a reason.

"It's not just your fault, it's mine too.." I admit, Looking up at his reaction. He looks down at me in awe, I never admit I'm wrong and he seems surprised.

"Go get changed, okay? Then I will drive you home, school is almost over anyways."

Nodding my head I make my way to the girls changing rooms, thinking about what just happened. I can't believe I gave in so quickly to him. I change into my original clothes, stuffing my gym clothes in my bag and grab the bag walking out of the changing room.

Ashton is leaning against the wall with a smile plastered on his face whilst he types away on his phone, I can't help but stare at his toned body in his plain white tshirt that shows the tightness of his shirt around his toned and muscly body. His hair is styled messily like usual and I can't help how sexy he looks today and how I just want to rip his clothes off and-

I rip my eyes away from his body before I start to think about what I would do with him. I need to stop thinking like this, he is my best friend!

Ashton finally glances up from his phone and notices I'm ready to go, he slips his phone in the back pocket of his jeans. "Oh, sorry didn't know you were there."

I roll my eyes. "Yeah you were too busy sexting Sarah no doubt." I murmur moodily.

He realises what I said, his eyes widen, probably because he didn't know that I knew. His surprised look disappears into a giant smirk. "I sense jealously."

I scoff. "Get over yourself Ashton, you sense nothing."

Lie lie lie.

Of course I'm jealous. I'm super jealous but I'm not going to tell him that, that means admitting it and I don't do that.

He chuckles to himself, walking out of the building as he mimicks my words and mocks me.

And in that moment I realised something.

I'm so truly deeply madly in love with Ashton Leeroy.