Chapter Twenty-three

Things went back to normally quickly after. It's been about a month since the day/night me and Ashton was last intimate. Things aren't awkward. We are best friends and everything is normal.

Our summer is over and today is the start of our senior year. We all had a great summer and we are happy to start our senior year, considering its our last year and we graduate and it's a scary time and I don't think anyone is prepared to graduate. We would all love to stay young but i guess we have to grow up at some point in our lives.

I pull on a pair of black leggings with a blouse and a leather jacket with a pair of pumps, I don't feel like making an effort today. I sit down, curling the ends of my blonde hair and putting enough make up to make me look half-decent, I grab my school folder and my bag, just in time to hear Ashton beep outside.

I run downstairs. "Bye guys!" I wave to my parents before running out the house in a hurry. I get in the passenger seat. "Hey!" I gasp out of breath.

He glances at me, laughing loudly. "Did you sleep in?"

My body fails me as I blush furiously. Ashton can read me like a book. I turn away from him which makes him chuckle even more.

Ashton pulls into Starbucks. "I'll go get us some drinks, stay here."

Ashton quickly hops out of the car, I watch as he hurries into the building. A couple minutes later, Ashton runs back out with two caramel frappuccino with two caramel waffles in his mouth. I open the car door for him, Taking the drinks, giggling. "I could have come in with you."

He shrugs, Placing the waffles on my lap. "It's fine. I got you your favourite And I asked you them to put a 'E' in caramel sauce." He sheepishly points to the E on top of the cream. He really is the sweetest ever.

My eyes widen in surprise, Smiling happily. "Cool!"

He pulls out of the car park with one hand and the other hand using it to drink his frappuccino.

"You know I could of paid for the drink." I comment.

He laughs. "Shut up. Normally you always want me to pay because it's what gentlemen do and besides I wanted to pay."

I laugh sheepishly, he's right. I do, I always say how it's rude if the guy makes the girl pay. Oops.

Ashton pulls up into the school car park, Parking the car closest to the school. He hops out grabbing his drink and his waffle. I climb out of Ana and walk into the school building side by side Ashton. This is how I want to start my senior year and how I want to finish it with Ashton by my side. Cheesy as that sounds.

I place my books into my locker and slam the door shut. Ashton wraps his arm around my shoulder. "What do you have first? I'll walk you to class."

I look at my schedule. "History."

"I have to go that way anyway, I have language." He tugs me along.

As I reach my class, I bid my goodbyes and I realise I'm about five minutes late. I walk go towards the back.

Once I'm near the back of the class. I start to get dizzy and I feel like I'm going to pass out any moment.

"Ms Montez, are you okay? You look-"

Before he can finish his sentence, I collapse to the floor.

Everything and everyone disappears and turns black.

▫️▪️▫️

My eyelids feel heavy as I try to open my eyes. I groan weakly. "I need Ashton.."

"I'll go get him, Mrs Lilly." I can a familiar voice and I can hear him retreat out of the room. A couple minutes later, I hear someone barge in. "What happened? She was fine this morning!"

"Mr Leeroy, it needs to quiet. " The nurse scolds at Ashton.

I feel Ashton beside my side in an instant. My eyes slowly open and I look at him sitting down on the bed beside me. "Hey baby, you okay?"

I nod. "I-I'm fine."

He places his hand on my thigh and although I'm weak, as soon as he touches I instantly get butterflies and shivers down my spine.

Ashton leaves the room to go talk to the nurse. I sit up slowly.

Ashton comes back after a couple minutes away. "The nurse agreed that i could take you home."

"Ashton, I'm fine. It's probably just because I haven't ate properly in a couple days." I argue.

"I'm still taking you home and once I get you home I will make you something to eat and we can chill."

I'm too weak to argue with him, as I get up slowly, grabbing my bag.

Ashton grabs the bag off of me and grabs my hand and helps me out of the building, opening his car door for me. He guides me in the car.

I giggle softly. "I'm fine, Ashton. No big deal."

He gets in the driver seat, silently, driving out of the car park, Making our way to my house. I lay my head on the window. Why am I so exhausted?

Once we arrive outside, I climb out of car, I unlock for Ashton and I. We walk in, Ashton guides me to the kitchen, Sitting me down on the stool.

He grabs some bread and puts it in the toaster. "What do you want on your toast?"

"Just butter, please." Ashton nods and grabs butter from the fridge and butters my two pieces of toast and places it in front of me.

"Eat. Now." He commands sternly.

I've always gone through times like this where I struggled to eat. It didn't last long but it was serious.

My body just didn't function properly and made me think I wasn't hungry, it was strange.

Once I scoff my toast, we make our way to bedroom to hang out. I climb in bed whilst Ashton lays down without getting underneath the duvet.

"It's weird, lately, I can't eat, it makes me physically sick."

Ashton raises an eyebrow my way. He was confused just as me. When I go through these phases it's just that I don't eat but not that I physically can't. "I'm worried about you."

"Don't be. Im sure it's a phase, Ash." I scoot closer to him and he wraps his arms around me.

It's surprising how we can still be best friends and do best friend things like this without temptation or awkwardness.