Chapter Eighteen

"So yeah, I meant nothing to Ashton
I know I didn't."

Ryder laughs loudly, making me frown with anger. Why is he laughing right now? Some friend he is.

"Why are you laughing?!"

I can practically hear him roll his eyes at me. "You're so oblivious! He loves you! You're his best friend! Of course he cares, he doesn't care about anyone else, yes I know, but that doesn't mean you don't mean the world to him! Because you really do! Trust me. He loves you so much, the only reason he even looked at another girl was because he couldn't have you and he has been hurt. You're so oblivious, Ellie, it's unreal."

My eyes widen at Ryders words, snapping me out of reality for a few seconds, could he be right? No.. Ashton only sees me as a friend, If he really did have feelings for me he would of acted on it a long time ago. I will not let myself get hurt, it's not an option.

"Speak to Ashton, El." Ryder comments after a minute silence, he drops me off outside my house, I climb out of the car, Walking in house, up to my room.

I don't believe any of it but he's right, I should speak to Ashton, I want too. I miss him, and I want things to change.

I dial his number and he answers instantly. "Baby.."

I groan internally. He really knows how to make me feel so good and it's so frustrating. "Hey ash.."

"Are you okay? You need some company?"

I smile widely, forgetting about our silly argument. "Come over, nobody is in."

"Be there in five." I can hear him getting on his boots just before he hangs up.

I go downstairs, turning on the TV, sliding in Fast or Furious 5, His favourite movie, I walk in the kitchen and grab a packet of salted popcorn, putting in in microwave to cook. After a couple minutes, I grab the popcorn, two sodas, and a packet of Oreos.

I walk into the living room, Seeing Ashton laying on the sofa, I smile widely, Placing the snacks on the table. "when did you get here?"

"Just now, I knew you would have been getting some snacks. And you have also chosen my favourite movie. You know me too well." He smiles sheepishly, ruffling up his hair, Scooting over,Pulling me down on the couch, I cuddle into his side.

I'm definitely done arguing with him. I want my best friend back.