fourty nine.

Year Three
fourty nine. April

Not much has changed since February. There had been some Sirius Black scares here and there, but nothing but loads of homework. The Quidditch Cup was on the brink of the Slytherin and Gryffindor teams who were fighting back and fourth on who booked the pitch each evening.

Marcus Flint and Oliver Wood were at each other's necks. Both being seventh years, there will be scouts at the game. Magnolia did not doubt that Oliver Wood would get signed, and since Franklin was a seventh year she hoped he get signed on too.

"Do you wanna go to the library and study later on?" Lucille questioned Magnolia as Magnolia ate her late lunch in the Great Hall. Magnolia was pretty sure, even if they had the pitch or not, that she had Quidditch.

"Quidditch." Magnolia groaned and Lucille gave her a vague smile. Magnolia was sore all around, her joints were killing her.
"Another practise I might die." Magnolia groaned as she threw her head on the table. Tomorrow was the Quidditch Cup so win or not, it will be over for a year.

"Is your team not doing good?" Lucille raised an eyebrow at Magnolia who was pale and looked as if she was going to faint.
"We're okay, Draco is more focused on Potter than the snitch, so that's a problem." Magnolia retorted. Lucille was not one to make fun of someone's Quidditch skills, but Draco was more focused on Harry than the whole game.

"Just got to hope for the best." Lucille advised, and Magnolia who was now sitting back up straight just shrugged as her curly hair bounced with her shoulders.

———

"C'mon! C'mon! Malfoy! Catch the snitch!" Magnolia was in practising Quidditch in a thunderstorm in the middle of April. Franklin was instructing the team who was playing horribly. Draco couldn't get the snitch, even when there was no competition. Derrick and Bole kept hitting the bludgers at the chasers causing Magnolia to be hit once.

Magnolia saw where Claudius had the Quaffle in his hands, she zoomed towards it and as she almost reached to get it out of his possession; everything went black.

"Maggie! Maggie! Wake up!" Magnolia fluttered her eyes open, her whole chest was burning and she felt like she couldn't move. The rain was coming vastly down on her goggles and face, some of it entering her mouth. She looked up to where the whole Quidditch team was staring down at her. She wanted to scream out at them asking why no one was helping her, but when she opened her mouth nothing came out.

"Oi Slytherin!" Magnolia headed a thick Scottish accent call out. All of the heads above her turned to face the entrance of the pitch.
"Times up, Gryffindor's turn."

"We kind of have a situation here, Wood." Marcus Flint crosses his arms as he steps out of the way to reveal Magnolia. The Gryffindor team gasps as they run up to help aid Magnolia up to the hospital wing.

Once she got up to Madam Pomfrey, she gave Magnolia some medicine to help her voice and broken ribs.

"I'll advise no Quidditch for tomorrow, but that shouldn't be a problem since Slytherin has reserves." Madam Pomfrey instructs. Franklin nods as Claudius asked Magnolia questions to test out her voice. The Gryffindors went back down to the pitch, and the other Slytherins went to an open field to practise but without Magnolia, Claudius, and Franklin they were very un-organised.

"I'm sorry." Magnolia croaked out at Franklin who seemed even more stressed now that his little sister was hurt and out of the game completely.