Prolouge

Seven Years In The Future
???'s POV

The day was dull, and gloomy, as every day was since that day. I haven't stopped crying since then, my love was in a coma. My best friend was in the hospital recovering from an injury months ago.

This was a period of 'rebuilding' says the ministry. I take this as a time of mourning, then rebuilding. I can't even bring myself to think or say of his name.

I choke on my own tears every. single. night, and the ministry has the audacity to say a time of rebuilding? Rebuilding?!

I was angry, furious. I couldn't walk by Diagon Alley anymore, I couldn't bring myself to eat chocolate frogs, I couldn't even bring myself to use the strawberry chapstick that I've used since I was eleven.

I could feel my eyes sting of the tears that were welled in there, ready to come out. I could feel my tea running cold by the touch of my hand around the clay mug.

"Magnolia?" A voice called, a familiar voice, a voice I've heard for the past seven years. The voice of the person I hated with a passion, Harry Potter.

"Harry?" I wiped my tears quickly, so he couldn't see my melancholy. I thought Harry would've been optimistic that he had won the war against Voldemort, the man who killed his parents. All that Harry has done for the past years was blame, and undercover the mystery her friend had trusted her with. He wasn't happy . Harry looked as if he was almost in tears also.

"Can I?" He referred to the seat that was empty across of me, I looked at the wooden seat and could only think of him.

"Sure." I blurted out emotionless. I took a sip of my tear, and slowly felt it as the warm liquid ran down my throat.

"How've you been holding up?" Harry asked me as he looked up at me. This was the first time Harry had stared me in the eyes since then, since her parents funeral.

"Not good, been going to the hospital a lot. It's been a big help just being with him." I told Harry who just nodded as he took a sip of what I guessed was coffee from the smell.
"You?"

"The same, everyone has been going through it. Ginny, Ron, Hermione, The Weasley's" I cringed when he mentioned his last name. Sure, his family wasn't the biggest fan of the both of us together, but he was our unborn child's father.

"The rebuilding period the ministry is going on about is-." He starts but I finish his sentence whether or not he thought I was right or not.

"Stupid." He nods, I feel relieved to know he felt the same.

"I feel worthless, all these people died for me that day, and days before. Should I be celebrating my win against Voldemort? That's what those people died for anyways? I feel defeated even though I defeated him, Magnolia" Harry rants, and I could only think of two words to describe his feeling.

"Pyrrhic Victory." I mumble, he looks up at me in confusion. His face was pale, and his scars were healing.

"What?"

"It's your Pyrrhic Victory, Harry." I state more clear to him, he stays confused though. He didn't know what it meant.

"A Pyrrhic Victory is a victory that is accompanied by so many losses that it leaves the winner in such of a devastating and desperate shape. Like a mimic of a lost." Magnolia explains to Harry who stares at her, astounded. Harry smiles at her, and it may have looked as it was the first smile he cracked out in months.

"You've always had a way of words Magnolia Malvorseve." He chuckles quietly. No one ever smiles, or laughs anymore when Harry just did it, it felt illegal.

"Thank you Harry Potter." I smile back at him, it was the first smile I ever cracked out since that devastating day.

"This is the first we've ever gotten along." Harry mentions, and I nod. Harry Potter and I never had a liking for each other growing up.

"We have to grow out of our childish grudges one day." I tell him as I go in to take another sip of my tea, but this time it wasn't out of my sorrows.

"Speaking of childhood grudges," Harry starts and I watch as he starts tapping his fingers on the table in front of the two of us.

"I went to visit Lucy the other day, Malfoy was there." Harry tells me and I sigh. I knew they had something going on between them for years. Draco Malfoy, he was one of my closest friends in school, but was Harry Potter's worst enemy. I'll agree Draco's homelife/upbringing doesn't excuse his actions, but hopefully he'll grow out of his childish ways.

"He told me he was sorry." Harry mumbles only to where I can hear, I was astounded. Draco Lucius Malfoy told Harry James Potter that he was sorry. Never in a million years would I think I would hear those words come out of his mouth, especially to Harry Potter.

"Yeah," Harry chuckled a bit.
"I never would think Draco would say sorry either." Harry judges of the look in my face, but I was even more surprised when Harry used the name 'Draco' instead of 'Malfoy'

Harry and I continued to talk about the past years, and I was finally starting to open up to someone. I was impressed, out of everyone I was opening up to the person who hated me the past seven years.

"Harry, I loved the talk, but it's getting really late and I should be heading back to my flat." I told Harry with a wide smile on my face, he nodded as he stood up from his chair. I stood up from my chair and was face to face with Harry. He was a little taller than I was.

"Hope to talk soon?" Harry asked me to which I nodded. We both engulfed into a hug, it was the start of a new friendship. The past years meant nothing anymore, this was the start of a new era.

Getting over our Pyrrhic Victory.