thirty two.

Year Three
thirty two. Protective

Draco had basically avoided the Ophidians for the rest of the night. After his 'accident' on the train, he couldn't bear to see his friends.

Draco had gotten off the train with Gregory and Vincent a lot earlier than Magnolia, Lucille, and the rest of the Ophidians did.

All six of them hopped in to a carriage which will take them to Hogwarts. The carriage was around a ten minute ride through the woods pulled by an unknown source.

"You two are so cute together!" Pansy gushed as she saw Lucille tiredly lay her head on Blaise's shoulder. Lucille didn't even bother at Pansy's comment since she was only happy for her because she wasn't with Draco.
"Daphne! Don't you think so?"

Daphne gave the two of them a half smile, before nodding. Magnolia could tell something was wrong with her, but pushed it aside. Magnolia had made it a goal to get closer to her cousin.

They all hopped off the carriage, and Magnolia was beside Theodore. He was staring into the abyss, but whatever he was staring at he was very interested in.

"I can see them," He mumbled to Magnolia who turned all her attention to Theodore again. She was wondering and confused on what he was going on about.

"See what?" Magnolia questioned, Theodore turned to his friend who was concerned, and he just shrugged.

"Nothing." He replied before the two of them walked on behind the group. Magnolia felt relieved as she was welcomed with the warm aroma of Hogwarts. Tonight had particularly frigid to where she had her fuzzy trousers, and trench coat on over her robes, and under her skirt.

"It's so warm in here." Magnolia smiled as she took off her trench coat, and she was left in her Slytherin Robes. They had all entered the Great Hall, and parted with Lucille.

As they started a new year, they had to move down their seats to make room for the new first years. Every year they had to wear these funky witch hats to welcome the first years, they also wear them at the end of the year feast.

"Do I look snazzy Maggie?" Theodore asked her as he put his hat on, she looked him up and down.

"Groovy." She smiled widely, before turning the other way to be face to face with Draco. Shedding realize until now, but the boy had a major glow up this recent summer. He stop slicking back his hair, he's gotten taller and lankier, and his face has a more defined shape.

"Maggie, can I ask you a question?" He asked her, she nodded as she still took in his new look. He didn't have the 'little snobby rich boy' look anymore instead it was more like 'snobby rich teenage boy''

"Why is- uhm- Lucille," When he said 'Lucille' Magnolia already knew where this was going, and she was honestly surprised he picked up on it that fast. She didn't think that Draco payed attention to Lucille that much.
"Ignoring me? I don't know if she is or not, just if she is I want to know why." He defended himself towards the end.

Magnolia was about to tell him to go ask Lucille about it, but then she realized Lucille wasn't allowed to speak to Draco. She took in a deep breath before she told him.

"Lucille'smomforbidhertotalktoyoubecauseyourparentsweresupposeddeatheater." Magnolia jumbled her words together which caused a confused look and eyebrow raise from Draco. She sighed deeply again, and looked over to Lucille who was in an engaging conversation with Ernie Macmillan.

"Lucille's mother forbid her to talk to you because your parents... were supposed Death Eaters." She finishes, Magnolia couldn't see her face, but she could tell it was an awkward half smile.