twenty nine.

Year Three
twenty nine. Legilimency

Dear Lucille,

I don't know if haven't been getting my letters, or just too busy with Blaise to answer back, but my power is getting worse. I've done some research, and stumbled upon the term Legilimency. It says one person can be born with the power, but shows signs of it at a young age. I don't know if they will count thirteen as a young age? There is also a legilmency spell, but I seem to do it on my own. My one problem is to control. Everyone I pass by anyone I immediately hear their thoughts.

The other day I found out my older brother, Claudius, would sneak out at night to see Claire Whiversythe. I could definitely use this power to my advantage once I learn to control it. My father came in the other day from work, distress. I couldn't read his mind though, it was all fogged up.

I hope you write back whenever you can. I hope you and Blaise are doing well. I'm doing okay, other than trying to control my 'Legilimency'. School starts in around a month, I plan on doing more research from now and then.

- your best friend, Magnolia E. Malvorseve

Magnolia folded the parchment carefully, and slid it in the envelope. She grabbed her quill, and instead of writing her families mailbox address, she directed to Lucille.

To: Lucille Estelle Vagabonde
Lucille's Room
683 Millerberry Dr.
Ottery St. Catchpole

She walked over to her owl, Oswald. She gave him the letter, and he flew out her window. She remember Lucille saying that the Weasley's live outside of the town she lives in. Also with the Diggory family. Cedric Diggory was close to an older brother to Lucille.

Magnolia walked over to her bed, and laid down on it staring at the marble ceiling. She couldn't wait to be back at school. She couldn't write to Fred, Lucille wasn't answering her back, she could see Daphne but every time she asked she was with Pansy.

Magnolia soon fell into a sleep. Her family cat Cashmere jumped on her bed cuddling with her. Magnolia smiled at the warmth that was absent within the past month.

———

"Lucy? Can I come in?" Lucille looked to her door where a person was knocking. It was her older brother, William. She stood up off her floor, and went to unlock the door her mother had locked from the outside.

"Alohomora." She mumbled, and her door's lock switched off, and William let himself in. William had short blonde hair, he gotten a bit taller, and a bit more buffer.

"Mum told me why you're in trouble," He gave Lucille a half smiled. "Don't listen to her, you're just her golden child, she's afraid you'll end up like me or Melody."

She raised her eyebrow at what William had just said. William had never really gotten in trouble, she thought.

"Yeah, you were really young, I was a very rambunctious boy when I was at Hogwarts," He smiled at his sister who was interested in his story. "Up McGonagall's arse everyday."

Lucille bursted out in laughter at her brother's last sentence. William erupted into laughter also which triggered their little brother, Joshua.

"Lucy? Will? Are you two in there?" Joshua's pubescent voice can be heard from outside Lucille's room. William calls out to let Joshua know the two of them were in there.