twenty eight.

Year Two
twenty eight. Yes

The month was June. Harry Potter did it, he found the Chamber of Secrets. He saved Ginny Weasley. Exams were cancelled.

Today was June Twelfth, Magnolia's thirteenth birthday.

Everyone had been wishing her happy birthday here and there just as a appreciation of the day her mother gave her life. She was dreading going home for some reason.

Was it the reason she couldn't talk to Fred Weasley?

Yes.

How could she develop such a stupid crush on a soon to be fifth year. Let alone her father ever approving of the relationship. He doesn't like Arthur Weasley one bit. Bet he be pleased if she would date Draco, but she's way out of his league.

She didn't know how to deal with the crush though. She would re-read their letters, look at the ring, and cry when she realized she could never kiss him. Her father would think so low of her for liking a Weasley. A family who was pure, but had the blood traitor label all over the name.

Magnolia had been a wreck, she wouldn't talk to anyone in the past month. She usually would stay quiet, the whole idea of school and the monster wore her out.

After what she did to Daphne weeks before she hasn't been able to do it again. She wanted to look in the library to read on it some, but as the rules said, they had to be accompanied by a teacher.

Lucille on the other hand had a decision to make. She knew the answer she was going to say though, she had grown fond of Blaise, and she actually started to like him. She decided that she should give him a chance, and if things don't turn out as planned then, oh well.

"Blaise." Lucille looks at him while they were in the library alone. He looked up, and smiled at the sight of Lucille. She knew he was going to treat her right, and she felt excited since she was about to have her first boyfriend.

"Yes." She replied, blandly. He raised an eyebrow at the girl. She shook her head before answering. "Yes, I'll be your girlfriend, Blaise"

He smiled widely as he took Lucille's hands into his. Lucille smiled back at the boy who was now her boyfriend. She had wished he was Draco, but Blaise was also cute.

"I'll promise I'll treat you right." He tells her, she nods. The two of them left the library hand in hand. They had entered the common room to tell the group, but something weird happened.

"Lucy? You're dating Blaise?" Lucille looked at her best friend with confusion. They hadn't said anything about it yet, they had just arrived back.

"Well yeah, we were just going to tell you all, but Maggie did it." Everyone started congratulating them, and Magnolia looked down towards her shoes. Lucille headed over to her friend who sat in the corner quietly.

"Mags? You okay?" Magnolia nodded as she looked up to face her best friend who was checking in on her.

"I'm fine, sorry I spoiled your news for you." Magnolia apologizes and Lucille accepts. Lucille remember she had mentioned accidentally reading Daphne's mind a couple weeks before this. Maybe that's what she did just now? Lucille could realize Magnolia was definitely startled by her new power, and she decided to make it her goal to help her best friend.

———

"Can't believe second year is over." Magnolia told Lucille as the two of them walked towards the Hogwart's carriages.

"Went by too fast." Lucille laughed and Magnolia nodded. The two girls walked side by side with the rest of their classmates around them. Everything seemed still. Ever since Halloween night of 1992 everything been chaos. Everything was quiet, fine.