thirty four.

Year Three
thirty four. It's Not Lethal

"Oi! Lucy! Over here!" Magnolia called as Lucille entered Ancient Runes. The Professor, Bathseda Babbling, was sitting on her desk waiting for children to arrive.

She was wearing dark clothing, and maroon robes. Her makeup was done with black makeup. She looked alike Narcissa Malfoy a bit with the stuck-up face look.

"Hello and welcome to Ancient Runes," She started as she was sure everyone was in the classroom by now. "This year, I expect you all to be on your best behavior while we learn the secret coding of the runes from our ancestors."

"I see you've picked your own seats this year, huh?" She asks the class with a stern look on her face. The class just shrugs since they don't know how to respond to that.
"Well in my class you sit next to the person, I pick."

She read off the list, and Daphne was put with Hermione. Magnolia was put with Theodor, and Lucille was put with Ernie Macmillan, which she wasn't upset about.

"Okay, for the rest of the class period, I want you to read page twenty-two with your table mate." Professor Babbling assigns before she goes back to sit behind her desk while the children work.

"So, do you wanna read first about the-." Theodore looked on his text book page as he talked to Magnolia. "-Demiguise rune?"

She nodded, as she started to read over the quiet voices of other children reading. Theodore didn't pay attention to the reading Magnolia was doing, instead he was paying attention to how her hair slightly fell over her ear, and how pretty her eyelashes are, and how she was looking at him now like he was the only person in the world.

"Theo? Are you okay? I've been telling you to read about the Unicorn rune for about thirty second now." She snapped him out of his trance, as he felt embarrassed. He nodded, and started to read off the paragraph from the Unicorn Rune. As he was reading he was thinking of ways to ask Magnolia out. He could ask her to go to Hogsmeade with him in a couple of weeks.

"Okay, after you have finished the reading you can be dismissed from class." Professor Babbling finished. All the students packed up, and headed out. Magnolia, Daphne, Theodore had Charms with Ravenclaws, and Lucille had Transfiguration with the Gryffindors.

"Bye." Lucille mumbled to the group as they split their ways. Transfiguration was near the Gryffindor tower, and Charms was near the Ravenclaw tower.

Lucille was walking, and passed Fred. She tried to get his attention, but he just looked at her and walked on. He had his arm linked with a girl, Lucille knew her. It was Angelina Johnson. She was confused on why he did that, sure, they weren't best friends, but usually he would stop. She was also confused on why he was holding some other girl.

She shrugged it off, and kept walking to transfiguration. She sat next to Ernie Macmillan, and apparently Divination had been wild today since Harry Potter was predicated to die.

'Nice' Lucille thought as she propped her head up with her hand as she tried not to fall asleep for the rest do the class. McGonagall was basically just going over the expectations and goals that they will achieve in Transfiguration 3. Since they wouldn't be starting anything big today, McGonagall gave the rest of the lesson off. Ernie kept going over Ancient Runes as she walked with him and Hannah Abbott.

The lunch bell had rung, and Lucille quickly waved as she went to the Great Hall in dire need of her friends. She liked Ernie and Hannah, but she didn't know them too well, and got along better with the Ophidians. Since it was lunch she was allowed to sit at the Slytherin table.

"Hey Luc." Blaise wrapped his arm around her waist as she sat down at the table. She smiled at the gesture, she looked up to see that Draco was across the table from her, he looked her up in down, and then at Blaise's hand around her waist. His eyes went Pansy who was next to him talking to Daphne. He sneakily snuck his hand around Pansy's waist, and made sure Lucille was watching. Lucille felt a ping of hurt in her heart, and all of her appetite was gone.

She quickly snapped out of he trance of jealousy. She couldn't be jealous of Draco and Pansy, she was with Blaise. She looked over at Blaise who was talking with Theodore about who knows what, she was glad he didn't notice the little 'thing' Draco and her could have. She was going to ignore Draco from now on, like she was supposed to do. She wasn't going to let the five-nine inch thirteen year old boy get in the way of her and her first boyfriend. She looked at Magnolia who was beside her, but she didn't have a good expression on her face. Once Magnolia realized Lucille was staring at her she leaned forward, and whispered in Lucille's ear.

"We need to talk, pronto." She told Lucille, and the two got up. Lucille told Blaise that they would be back, and nodded as he continued his talk with Theodore. The two walked out of the Great Hall, and Lucille was scared to where this could go because she could read minds. Once they had gotten out of the hall Magnolia pulled Lucille down an empty corridor.

"What is going on with you and Draco?" Magnolia quietly asked Lucille. Lucille didn't know how to respond to the question, so she waited for Magnolia evaluate. She rolled her eyes as she continued. "I somewhat read his mind as he was staring at you because I was curious, and I got the jealous emotion. I then turned to you, and got the same thing!"

"-And I don't think you were getting jealous off of Blaise talking to Theo..." She trailed off, and Lucille sighed. Out of anyone she could trust Magnolia, after all they've been friends for over two years now.

"Look, I had a small crush on Draco last year that I'm getting over I promise, I love Blaise-." Magnolia smiled widely when she said 'love', Lucille just rolled her eyes as she continued. "I don't know what I felt back there, but it's going to stop. I need to focus on school and Blaise." Magnolia scrunched her eyebrows which Lucille laughed.

"And you." Magnolia was also now laughing also until they both heard some distant voices. They both turned around to see Angelina Johnson and Fred Weasley enter the corridor with their hands all over each other. Magnolia locked eyes with Fred as she couldn't believe what she was seeing she felt tears weld into her eyes, just this morning he had thought she was cute. Now he was snogging with Angelina Johnson?!

"Oops! Sorry, we will go!" Angelina smiled at girls as she pulled Fred somewhere else. The whole time the two had contact, and it made Magnolia furious. How dare he maintain eye contact with her the whole time when he was about to go snog a girl!

"Mags? You okay? Are you hurt?" Lucille put a hand on her friend's shoulder as a tear ran down Magnolia's face. It was the first Lucille ever had seen Magnolia cry, her face was red, and her eyes were watery.

"It's not lethal." She mumbled before she had ran away sobbing. Lucille was furious at Fred for hurting Magnolia. Magnolia really liked him, and now Lucille could see that she liked him more than just a friend. Lucille followed Magnolia who was sobbing in an empty corridor, she slid down next to her. She hated hearing Magnolia's muffled cries as she had her head dug into her knees.

"Maggie, get your head out of your knees, you'll soak up your robes." Lucille told Magnolia, she nodded and took her head out from her knees. She looked awful, her eyes were puffy, and her face was red, her mascara ran down her face.

"She's prettier than me, and she plays Quidditch, and she's actually his age, and she's Gryffindor!" She wails again, and Lucille rubs her back in small circles until she stops crying.

"That's not true Mags, you and Angelina are both pretty in your own ways." Magnolia nods as she sniffles. They both look up as the bell signals it was time for Care of Magical Creatures. Magnolia wipes off her runny mascara, and straightens her robes as they both start to head outside of the castle to Hagrid's Hut.