ten.

Year One
ten. Christmas Carols

'"Sleigh bells ring, are you listening? In the lane, snow is glistening. A beautiful sight, we're happy tonight. Walking in a winter wonderland!" Magnolia sang, Daphne, Lucille, and Pansy were decorating the Common Room for Christmas. The girls convinced Snape to allow Lucille to be in the Common Room, but only from hours 3-5.

"Gone away is the bluebird, here to stay is the new bird. He sings a song, as we stroll along. Walk-in in a winter wonderland!" Lucille sings next as she points to Daphne to sing the next verse.

"In a meadow we can build a snowman, We'll pretend he is Parson Brown. He'll say 'are you ready?'" Daphne sings, and Pansy picks up.

"We'll say 'no man," Pansy solos, and then Daphne and her duet the "but you can do the job when you're in town."

"Later on we'll conspire." Magnolia sings as Lucille sings the next.

"As we dream by the fire." Lucille finished, and Magnolia and Lucille sing the next part as they throw the garland around the fire.

"To face unafraid, the plans that we've made. Walking in a Winter Wonderland!" The girls finish, and Blaise and Theodore come out, and sing the next part which causes the girls to be more in Christmas cheer.

"In the meadow we can build a snowman." Theodore sings as he nudges Blaise.

"We'll pretend that he is Parson Brown."

"He'll say 'are you ready?'' Theodore sings as he jumps on the couch.

"We'll say 'No man'!" Blaise comes through with the vocals on 'No man' which causes the girls to whistle and cheer at.

"But you can do the job when you're in town!" Everyone sang, but they were interrupted by a particular ferret, who wasn't in the Christmas cheer.

"What's all the singing for!" Draco complained as he came out to the common room. The Ophidians looked at each other, and shrugged.

"We are just in the Christmas spirit Draco!" Lucille tells the boy as she slings her arm over his shoulder to which he throws back at her. Lucille becomes red to what she just did, but she just ignored it.

"Fine. Just don't be so loud!" Draco storms back into his dorm, and all of the Ophidians group together.

"What's his problem?" Daphne asks the group, specifically Blaise since Draco and him are the closest in the group.

"His parents are making him come home for Christmas, so I'm guessing family problems." Blaise tells the group, and everyone nods as they get back to decorating, quietly. Instead of singing Theodore turned on a radio that he had, but it was very scratchy since there wasn't any signal out here.

———

The day came that everyone was set out to go home, Magnolia was packing some belongings but not all due that she will be back in around two weeks. She put her crabs in a travel carrier that she had gotten from Franklin when he went to Hogsmeade a couple weeks back.

The grounds were covered with ice and snow, and it made it even colder, but it was beautiful. Magnolia and Lucille never seen anything like it before.

They boarded the red train at Hogsmeade station, and they all got into their carriages. It was weird, because Draco couldn't be found anywhere. Lucille went to get up to change into comfortable clothes, but also to see where Draco had gone, she didn't tell the group that of course.

She had entered the changing stall, but in her way she didn't see Draco. She was alone in the changing stall, or so she thought. Not a lot of people changed on the way back home, it was usually on the way there, so Lucille started to sing.