nineteen.

Year Two
nineteen. Metallic Smell

Halloween.

The night were Muggle children dress up, and go door to door asking for candy. Magnolia always loved the idea of Halloween. Most October thirty firsts she stayed inside, alone, while she watched all the other children of the nearby village trick or treat.

-flashback-

"Mummy! Daddy! Please please can I go? I never get to see anyone! With Claudius and Frankie at school I'm so lonely! Please?" Magnolia complained to her parents.

The day was October 31 1989. It was alrighty raining, and it was filled with clouds outside. Her family believed that they should stay as far as they could from Muggles. Since they are nothing like them.

"Now Darling," Xayne had started to speak to his nine year old daughter. "You know how daddy and mummy feel about letting you interact with muggles."

"But daddy!" Magnolia had started but Xayne interrupted her by yelling. Which had startled Persephone and Magnolia.

"No! You heard me the first time Magnolia! I'm not raising a blood traitor! Now I don't want you to ask myself or your mother ever again!" He got up and locked himself in his study. Magnolia eyes stung with tears, as her mother kneeled down next to her caressing her back.

"Come on Maggie, I'll go read you a scary book if you'd like?" Her mother asked her to which Magnolia wiped her tears and nodded. Magnolia had held onto her mother's cold hand tightly as she had lead her to the library. Once they had arrived Persephone sat her daughter on the velvet green couch.

"Now what book do you fancy reading?" Persephone asked Magnolia as she ran her fingers along the spine of the old dusty books. Persephone took out a book from the bookshelf, and examined it.

"Now, I'm going to read you a very very scary book, but don't tell your father I read it to you." She took the book, Pet Sematary, over to where Magnolia was seated. Magnolia probably shouldn't have had her mother read her that book when she was only nine, but she enjoyed it.

-end of flashback-

"Maggie!" She jolted out of a trance to looked up. It was Lucille. She looked at the time, and it was almost time for supper. She looked out the window to see that it was around dusk.

"Are you okay? You seemed deep in thought?" Lucille asks her friend. Magnolia shook her head as she gathered her stuff.

"Yes I am okay, like you said, just deep in thought." The two girls walked to the Great Hall for the Halloween feast. It made Magnolia happy since this was the closest she ever was to celebrating Halloween.

"Maybe this year a troll won't be in the dungeons!" Theodore said to the group as Magnolia and Lucille sat down to eat. Lucille was aloud to sit at the table for the Halloween feast. Lucille rolled her eyes as she watched Theodore pretend to be the troll with a chicken wing in his hand.

"Does it smell weird to you?" Magnolia blurts out as she looks down at the silverware on the table. The Ophidians gave her all weird looks to what she was talking about.

"No? Maggie, are you okay? Do you need to say Madam Pomfrey?" Lucille asked Magnolia. Lucille realized Magnolia looked a little frail, but she just thought it was because she was loosing her tan colour.