twelve.

Year One
twelve. The Cloaked Man

The next morning they were all handed slips saying they had detention tonight, Lucille groaned as she was already tired from the sleepless sleep she had last night. Cedric noticed her dismay, and tried to pry into what happened.

"What happened?" He asked the very tired twelve year old. She groaned as she faced Cedric, and he could see the bags under her eyes.

"Long story short, Maggie, Draco, and I got in trouble, I got twenty points taken and detention tonight." She says and Cedric's eyes go wide at twenty points. Lucille was ready for the lecture from the thirteen year old.

"What?! Lucy!" Cedric whined, but she had no care in the world to stop him.

"What Gryffindor got taken off was a lot worse." She groaned as she laid her head back on the table. Lucille was not ready at all for tonight's detention.

———

"You two got detention?!" Theodore laughed as he read Magnolia's slip that she had gotten. The two of them nodded, and the whole group asked what they did.

"Were you two snogging?" Theodore asked with the widest eyes ever. Draco and Magnolia both got red as they both started to defend themselves as that was not what they were doing.

"No! Like I ever date this slimey git! Plus Lucille was there too!" Magnolia told the group a little too loud which caused some states, but she didn't mind.

"Oh! So a three-." Magnolia hit Theodore on his shoulder and he yelped out in pain. Draco congratulated Magnolia with a 'nice one Mags!'

"And for y'all's information, not like your business, Potter, Granger, and Longbottom have detention with us tonight." Magnolia says in a furious tone. She didn't like when people pried their way into her business, even though she did it to other people.

"Okay then, what do you have to do tonight? Clean classroom, trophy case?" Blaise questions, and Magnolia brushed a strand of her hair out of the way, and she picked up the slip of parchment.

"Doesn't say... just meet Mr. Filch at the entrance hall..." Magnolia examines the paper wondering what that could mean. Were they going to help Hagrid with something?

———

Classes went by slowly, and Lucille couldn't keep herself awake. She skipped charms just to take a nap, which wasn't a good idea since exams were approaching, but it was better than being tired tomorrow also.

———

Magnolia and Draco gathered their stuff, and instead of their pajamas they got into their robes. Draco was livid about the detention, and kept cursing 'my father will definitely hear about this', Magnolia thought it was a little funny.

"Draco come on! We are meeting Lucille at the hallway towards the basement!" Magnolia said quietly, not to wake the other kids, but loud enough to where Draco can hear.

"Okay, okay, I'm coming!"

The two Slytherins left the basement, and made their way up the stairs and dark corridor up to where the hallway is near the basement. There was Lucille, in her Hufflepuff robes, looking like she was about to doze off.

"Come on Lucille." Magnolia jolted here friend awake, and she nodded. The three of them walked to the entrance hall where Filch stood with a lantern. The Gryffindors weren't there yet, and of course Draco had to comment something about that.