Fin

"You're sure you had no other choice?" Shiro handed Taj over to Hunk. He wasn't sure if he should be holding him. He rubbed a hand on the back of his neck the other one placed on his hip.

"We weren't expecting their approach and they were too close for us to find a proper hiding spot." Keith replied, "We had no other choice."

"Shouldn't she back by now then?" Shiro moved away from the door. He couldn't stand still. The dread had started low in his abdomen and began crawling towards his throat, "I mean there's probably a reason she hasn't returned."

"She's smart Shiro. She knows what to do." Lance commented in order to offer some sort of assurance.

"Even the smartest of fighters can go down." Shiro bit back. The fear he was feeling was growing stronger. Something was wrong. She should've been back by now, no matter how much of a detour she had been forced to take.

"She went in distracted didn't she?" Coran asked. He glanced between the yellow, red, and blue paladins. "I could see it in her eyes she wasn't all there."

"What is he talking about?" Shiro asked, his eyes narrowing, "Please don't tell me you allowed her to leave the castle distracted?"

"Shiro-" Keith started to say.

"You've got to be kidding me!" Shiro ran a hand through his hair. All of them were former Garrison cadets; they know the rules of going out into the field. The rules are what keeps them alive and alert.

"You know how Pidge is," Hunk stated. He adjusted his hold on Taj, "She's just too stubborn. When her mind is set on something there's no room to change it."

"I don't care how much she would've hated you afterwards. You should've done everything you could to keep her here. No one should be going out into the field with a distracted mind, it could get them killed." The thought made Shiro's stomach sour. "She could be dead for all we know!"

"I'm very much alive. Wet, but alive." Pidge's voice sounded in the med-bay. The sound of a helmet being set down confirmed her presence.

She smiled at the others. She hadn't quite noticed Shiro yet, but when she did her face turned to shock then relief. She ran forward meeting him halfway. Shiro wrapped his arms around her waist, lifting her off the ground. He held her tight, his head buried into her hair while he rested in the crook of his neck. For a moment neither said anything, simply enjoying each other's presence.

Then finally Pidge pulled back, although she was still in Shiro's embrace. She twisted her head in order to address everyone. "Clove is dead. The Galra discovered her body on the beach. The way they ran liked frightened cats back to their ship was humorous to watch."

"So...That's it?" Hunk asked, "No Clove coming back to life to catch us off guard?"

Pidge shook her head, "I checked her pulse myself. She's gone."

XXXXXXXXXXXX

The Olkari were soon informed by the paladins that the Galra were gone. As their account was told Jackson listened. Each Olkari name that was spoken Jackson grew more flustered and angry. Not only with the city he was left in charge of but with himself. Soon after the paladins left he sent out several squads of soldiers and the guilty were quickly apprehended and put on hold for a hearing. With the hope of getting on the paladin's good side once again after having so quickly pushed them towards that they were wrong he decided to have a party in their honor as a sort of thank you for rescuing them.

"No!" Pidge crossed her arms. She glared at Coran as he held up yet another dress. "I'm not wearing that."

"Pidge, there's a dress code that we all have to follow." Coran argued, "What's wrong with this one?" Coran held up a floor length dress. Each layer of the skirt was adorned with ruffles and Pidge could've sworn that there was glitter as well.

'"He's kidding right?" Pidge asked Lance. She gestured towards the dress, "Please tell me he's kidding." It was when Lance took a little too long to respond that she stood up, "Okay, both of you out."

"There's still a few more to-"

"It's looking at dresses, how hard could it be?" Pidge said, cutting off Coran.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

"Stupid. Freaking. Zipper."

Currently Pidge had her arms twisted behind her back, her fingers finding the zipper only for her to lose it a few seconds later. Minutes after Coran and Lance had left she had quickly founded a simple solid colored dress. It was a halter top hi-lo dress colored a deep forest green. No ruffles, no glitter, not even some weird patterned fabric, but her only problem was that she couldn't get the damn thing on.

A knock sounded at her door, being focused on getting the zipper up she didn't really care who was on the other side. "Come in."

Shiro had only come to get Pidge otherwise they were going to be late. He wasn't expecting for her to be standing in the middle of her room with her arms behind her. The back of her dress open clear down to just above her lower back.

"Dammit," she muttered as she twisted her arm back over her shoulder.

Slightly amused but also finding his face a couple of degrees warmer he approached placing a hand on her arm. "Here. Let me help."

After a moment she dropped her arms and allowed Shiro to zip her dress up. Chills ran through her body as Shiro's hand moved from his lower back towards her middle back. Her face she could only assume was a bright red but when she turned around Shiro only smiled giving no confirmation that was the case.

XXXXXXXXXXXX

The party was in full swing by the time the paladins arrived. Food and drinks could be found in several different places throughout the room. A large group of people were all bunched together talking and drinking and eating.

Pidge's heart was racing as she pushed through the crowd. She hadn't been a group this large since the Galra first attacked. Finding an exit from the crowd she took it and suddenly found herself out on a balcony. A warm summer breeze picked up fluttering her dress and hair only slightly. The night sky was covered in bright white specks, she was almost sure that the few that were planets she had been to herself.

"Beautiful isn't it." For the second time that night Shiro's voice sounded behind her. Pidge turned to face him.

"Yeah it is." She replied.

He walked up next to her and took a hand. "And you look absolutely stunning," he commented. He brought her arm up and spun her around. She laughed and he was smiling. Then he found himself lifting her up off her feet, his arms around her waist. Her hands rested at the base of his neck. There was no pausing to look into each other's eyes. They were kissing within seconds of Pidge being lifted off the ground. It was magical-no extraordinary. It was a perfect way to end the past week. After everything they both had each other and that's all that mattered. The two separated for a breath foreheads pressed together. Shiro then spoke a single statement.

"I love you Katie Holt."

AN: This is the end. Thank you all you have read! And a special thanks to all who Commented and voted!