Almost

It was about half an hour after Lance had been released from the pod. Pidge had immediately tackled him in a hug saying she was sorry over and over again. After that Lance had gone to his room to "rest a bit more" as Coran and Shiro had put it. Based on their tones he could tell that he had no choice in the matter. Even if he felt fine, there was no way he was going to get out of it.

A few minutes after he had settled himself in his bed, he found himself to be actually quite tired. Suddenly grateful for Shiro and Coran's strong suggestion he snuggled deeper under the covers. He only managed to close his eyes for a short while when he heard a knock at his door.

He rolled over onto his back groaning as he stretched his arms above his head. He sat up on his forearms looking towards the door with squinted eyes as he gave the consent to enter. The person who entered was none other than Pidge who seconds after leaving the pod had showered him with apologies. He played it off as anyone would saying that it was no big deal. 

That's where he'd went wrong.

Pidge punched him in the shoulder. "Of course it is you idiot. You could've died!"

"Hey that's what friends are for aren't they?"

He had received another punch after that.

"Hey Pidge, what's up?" he asked her pulling the blankets around him as he sat up fully on the bed.

"Can you talk for a minute?" She asked tentatively, a light blush staining her cheeks. Despite what he was seeing he could hear how scared she was in her voice.

"Yeah, of course!" he scooted to make room for her on the bed.

She sat without so much as a look in his direction instead staring across the room at the wall biting her lip. Her hands fiddled with the hem of her shirt, having a sudden need to do something.

Finally she turned to look at him, "I need some advice...It's-It's about Shiro."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"What do you mean you haven't talked to her about it?" Keith asked. He was currently in the lounge with Shiro, who was having problems of his own. 

"Exactly what I said. I haven't talked to her about what Lance told me," He ran his hands through his hair, "I think I should just wait until she comes to me."

"Do anything else, but that," Keith said pointing at him, "that's going to scare her."

"What? Why?"

"Waiting for her to come to you. She's already freaked that you even know, how you respond will have even more of an impact."

"Okay so when did you get so good at giving advice?" 

"Don't change the subject," Keith said crossing his arms, "You're going to talk to her about it. Tonight."

"But. . ."

"But what? You have no excuse to not talk to her. So get your ass off of that chair. Get a shower and go find your girl."

That shut Shiro up. Keith was right, the more he remained silent the more likely he was of losing Pidge for good. He had no choice he had to talk to her. He sighed rising from his chair, which in turn brought Keith leaping from his seat.

"Hey where do you think you're going?"

"Like you said," going to get my girl."

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

"That's just not right," Lance said, "He just never brought it up?"

Pidge shook her head, "Granted I was talking pretty much the whole time about how you getting hurt was my fault. So how could he," She groaned her hands placed against her forehead as she fell back onto the bed, "this is so difficult," she groaned.

"I would say, just give it time. You never know he may still be processing."

"You think?"

Lance nodded, "now why don't you go get some sleep you don't need to be stressing over this," Lance said ruffling her hair.

Pidge giggled, "Fine. But I'm not going to bed quite yet."

"Suit yourself," Lance said curling up under the covers again.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXx

"Gosh darn-it," Pidge mumbled as she dropped to her knees. She crawled halfway underneath the table to reach the one piece, out of everything else she could have dropped. The piece was about as big as a grain of rice, which would've been fine had it been colored. This one however was as clear as a glass window. 

Pidge continued to search for the piece her hands carefully moving over the smooth floor. She was hardly paying attention to where she was actually looking. That's why she looked so confused when she ran into Shiro's leg. She sat back on her knees looking up at Shiro, who had an amused look on his face. 

"What are you looking for?" he asked, his eyes bright with curiosity.

"Oh just a small piece that's for a new project I'm working on. The piece is about the size of a grain of rice, and whoever made them was stupid enough to make it clear." she huffed crossing her arms.

"How about I help you look for it?"

"I mean you don't have to-"

"I want to, and besides there's something I want to talk about you with."

"Oh. O-ok." Pidge turned away from him to look, but mostly to hide her warm face. She gasped softly, her heart pounding in her chest. If she was right then Shiro would want to talk about what Lance had told him. Part of her was grateful, but the other part was her freaking out as she came up with several different outcomes of the conversation.

Once again, she froze as she ran into Shiro.....again. He chuckled setting her heart a flame. They were both currently facing each other on hands and knees, just staring. Neither one moved, they couldn't. They were waiting for the other's move, all the while wanting to make a move of their own.

Somehow the gap between them shrunk and they were mere inches from each other. The electricity was electrifying as their lips almost touched.

Without warning Pidge ducked from the stance and picked something up between her fingers, "Ha! Found it!" She turned to her table placing it in the device.

Shiro was frozen his eyes wide. He had come so close to kissing her. That wasn't apart of what he had come here to do. He had come to talk figure things out, but something about her made him forget about all of that.

"So-" Pidge said turning back to face him- "What is it you wanted to talk to me about?"

Shiro rose to his feet not quite facing her, "I-I'll talk about it tomorrow. I just remembered that I-I needed to talk to Keith about something important," with that he was out the door leaving Pidge once again confused in her lab.

Am I not important? she thought to herself as she watched the doors to her lab close behind Shiro.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

AN: So this is my first romantic fan-fiction that I have actually written, and I'm not quite sure how I'm doing. So if you would like to give me some feedback on how the actual story has been so far that would help me a lot!! Thanks! :)