Part 3

I had this routine of going to the temple at least once a week, it wasn't any specific day or time, I would just go when I really felt like or I was free and knew I had to go to the temple, just sitting there made me feel at peace, the environment there was so peaceful to my mind.

I dint have any stress honestly speaking, my parents were great, they loved me more than anything, I was the only child after all. They lived in a small village in Gujrat, I had tried to convince them to come stay with me but they loved the village they dint want to shift here so I would visit them every now and then and they would always tell me how proud they were of me.

I did live alone and my life was basically work, work and work, I dint have many friends either, just a few with whom I hanged out on weekends, my work was going great and everything was just fine, and despite everything being fine, there was just some kind of peace I looked for and I would always find it in the temple.

I had finalized everything with Sonali by evening, and I was to start working on the setup from tomorrow so I decided to pass by the temple before I began with her wedding planning.

I parked my car outside as I stepped out, the place seemed pretty empty, people usually came here early in the morning or late evenings, so right now was the perfect time to come, I would just come sit down for a while and just feel the peace.

I walked out of my car and climbed the staircase feeling the soft breeze of wind hit my face... the weather around here was always so good, not too hot not too cold.

I stopped in front of the idol, folded my arms together and closed my eyes as I prayed, not asking for anything, just thanking God for everything I had in life.

Once I was done with my prayers, I walked to the far end corner and sat down leaning against a pole silently... oh the peace.

A few minutes later, I heard footsteps, so I just tilted my head to look who it was, general curiosity you know, and I saw him, he stood there with both his hands folded.

Was this just a coincidence or what? I mean I had been coming to this temple my entire life and never had I ever seen Arnav here, how come when I started knowing him was when I actually saw him here? Could he be following me?

Oh God Khushi! Why would Arnav Raizada follow you? As if he had no other important work. Maybe I just never noticed him because I dint really know him? But how could I not notice him, since the day I saw him I couldn't get his image out of my head so how would I have not noticed him?

I stood up from where I was sitting to go talk to him and ask if he came here often or once in a while, maybe he came rarely, that's why we never met, maybe our timings must have been different.

Just when I had taken two to three steps towards him, I saw him fall down on his knees, he looked like he was crying, but I couldn't tell for sure as I was standing quite far from him, but while he was down on his knees, he looked so... broken. Did this have something to do with why Sonali and Samar were worried about him the other day? Was something wrong in his life? If yes, what was it? I had this urge of wanting to help him so he could feel better.

I decided not to approach him as he might feel awkward or something seeing me here so I just walked away without him noticing me and headed back to my car, I did want to get in and drive off but I was also worried.

I had known him for like two days only but just seeing him like this, I wanted to make sure he was okay, so instead of getting inside the car, I stood there leaning against it waiting for him to walk out of the temple, if he meets me outside here, he wouldn't know I had seen him inside and maybe it wouldn't be awkward.