Part 21

I wasn't one to listen to music on FM, especially when I had a perfectly working radio in my car with a playlist made up of all the songs that had been sang by Darshan, I mean it was pure bliss, why would i skip that to listen to another person play random songs for me right? but today as soon as I got into my car, I guess it was all the excitement and happiness, I ended up pressing the wrong button and the music on the FM just made me more excited than I already was.

Pehla Nasha played on the radio while I drove off and kept thinking about Arnav while the music played, I didn't even bother to change it, it was perfect for this moment. I couldn't wait to get home and give Manvi the good news, moreover, I couldn't wait for Tuesday so I could finally get my first date with Arnav.

Wow! Who thought this would be possible? Definitely not me. Currently I was feeling all sorts of happy emotions that existed, even though I didn't know they existed, I surely felt them. Did that make sense? Who cares, falling for someone doesn't have to make sense anyway, it just has to feel this way.

Once I got home, I started on cooking, usually after weddings I would just get takeout for dinner or wait for Manvi to cook but today I had so much energy, I dint even wait for her to get home, I started cooking dinner on my own while I played music on the radio in full volume.

I don't know if it was just me or everyone else liked listening to music while doing house chores or anything, I was so obsessed with music, I just felt like music could express everything, something even things you can express with words, you can with music. The much I talk about music, someone could thing I'd be a singer or something, I definitely was one, just the bathroom kind.

I grabbed everything I need and set to work, just enjoying myself, dancing along with music, remembering Arnav's words repeatedly and blushing like an idiot.

"I never knew cooking was such fun to you." I heard Manvi shout over the music so I could hear her, I stopped dancing and turned around, she was leaning at the kitchen door smiling and staring at me wondering why I was so happy today.

Oh Manvi, I can't wait to tell you already.

"Also, how come you aren't tired today?" She asked as she walked closer to me, I blushed immediately and then giggled like stupid.

"Okay, now I'm really curious, I'll turn off the music so we can talk." She said as she rushed to turn off the music excitedly and then rushed back in immediately and looked at me waiting for me to start with my story.

"I met Arnav." I smiled happily, well she dint seem happy about it, she just looked confused.

"I thought you didn't want to meet him?"

"I didn't, but we met, at the temple and then at the wedding I was planning and he came to talk to me." I was so excited it was hard to talk because I couldn't stop giggling in between and Manvi seemed to be getting irritated, I thought she was going to be happy. What was wrong?

"I'm sorry but I am really confused Khushi, he said he didn't want anything to do with you so why are you so happy about it? That guy made you miserable!"

"I know... but it's all changed now... you would know if you let me finish..."

"Fine, so what did he talk to you about?" She frowned

"He said the past few months have been really difficult for him because he couldn't stop thinking about me and he realized he wants to be with me, so he actually asked me out on a date, I am so excited, it's like a miracle."

"What about his girlfriend?"

"She's no more, and he said he feels he is ready to move on from her."