Part 9

After the event and the dinner at the restaurant, I thought finally the night was over, we were in his car driving back to his place when out of nowhere, the car decided to break down, just when we were like five minutes away from his house.

I dint know whether to be happy about it or not, I mean it meant a bit more time with him which was all I wanted deep down, but I wasn't even sure if he felt anything towards me and I dint want to get trapped into something that wasn't going to be reciprocated.

Why was this happening seriously?

"I am so sorry, it looks like the universe is against us getting home." Arnav smiled as he stepped out of the car and opened the bonnet to check what was wrong, I sat there silently for a while hoping he would manage to get it to start again but he seemed to be taking forever.

I stepped out and walked towards him, I stood beside him as he kept on staring at it silently.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I have no idea, everything seems fine, I don't know why it stopped." He replied as he looked around the empty street hoping to find someone that could help but there wasn't even one person on the streets, it was pretty late.

"What are we going to do now?" I asked.

"Let me call someone..." He said as he pulled out his phone and dialed a number waiting for the other person to receive the call but it seemed like they didn't, and then he dialed another number but that dint go through.

"Umm the mansion is just a bit far, do you mind walking?" He asked.

"Of course not, but what about the car?"

"Once I reach home, I send someone from there to figure out what's wrong and bring it." He said.

"Okay then, we can walk." I smiled as I opened the door, grabbed my phone and started walking, he walked beside me silently. All this felt like a romantic date you know where you go out for dinner together then feel like the time you spent together wasn't enough so you decide to walk home so you can get a bit more time together.

The only difference was that this wasn't an actual date, but it felt nice, I really enjoyed tonight and I had a great time with Arnav, this was a cherry on top.

"I am sorry you have to walk." He apologized.

"You're cute, you're apologizing for something that isn't even your fault." I giggled.

"Hmm, so you think I am cute?" He looked at me with a smirk, okay I think this was the first ever time I was seeing him smirking, and I swear, it was so hot!

I looked down and blushed a little not knowing what to say, if I could, I would tell him that I just dint find him cute, I thought he was hot too.

Okay Khushi, enough with the dirty thoughts.

"Why are you silent today? You are the one that talks always, today I am the one that's trying to make a conversation?" He asked.

"I dint want to irritate you by talking nonstop." I joked.

"I like when you talk nonstop, it's fascinating."

"Hmm, so you find me fascinating?" I asked, he just laughed at my question realizing I asked it the same way he asked me. Oh, that beautiful laughter of his.

We finally arrived at the Raizada mansion, we walked in through the gate as I looked around trying to remember where I had parked my car, this place was like a garage full of cars, it was hard to remember where I had parked.

Arnav rolled his sleeve up and looked at the watch on his wrist, and then he looked at me.

"It's pretty late, it's not good to drive home alone at this time, it won't be safe. How about you just stay here, I'll get the guest room ready for you, you can sleep there and then leave in the morning?" He asked.