Part 19

I sat silently through the traffic, as usual Darshan's music was playing on my radio but unlike usual, I wasn't even singing along. You know that saying, when you're sad you listen to the lyrics and when you're happy you listen to the music, it was a similar kind of situation for me.

Usually I would even play sad songs by Darshan and just sing along happily, because for me it was always about his voice, and the music, but today, despite Pehli Mohabbat playing, I wasn't singing along, and instead of making me feel any better, it was just making me sad.

It had been two months since the wedding, it had been two months since I last saw Arnav and yet, the pain was still there. I had gotten too attached to him that it was so difficult to get over him, I still had NK's phone number but I hadn't even thought of calling him because I still dint feel ready for it.

As the traffic finally moved, I drove to the temple, I just thought of passing by before I headed to work, I had a wedding to attend today, I had been planning it for a week now and it was taking place today, so I had to be there to make sure everything was ok.

I parked my car outside the temple and headed inside, it was pretty early in the morning so it was mostly empty, there were just a few people around.

As I walked in, I saw a man standing there praying, from the back, I could swear it was Arnav, he was dressed just exactly like how Arnav would usually dress, his height and body and everything looked just like Arnav's, but I wasn't so sure, could it be him? I mean there was a possibility, I had seen him here once before, I remember he had been pretty sad that time.

I walked closer towards him and finally stopped beside him and to my surprise, it was actually him. He was standing there, with both his hands folded near his chest, his eyes were closed so he didn't see me, I just stood there beside him and stared at him for a moment, I was seeing him after two months and I wasn't even sure whether I should talk to him or just pray and leave.

He looked so peaceful, as if there were no thoughts in his mind at the moment, he was deep into his prayers so I just decided to finish my prayers and leave, maybe if I tried to talk to him, it would just make things harder than they already were.

I closed my eyes for a moment, prayed and then opened them and turned to look at him again, he was still in the same position, maybe he was talking to God about a lot of things, anyway, I was already getting late for the wedding so I had to leave.

I took a step backwards and then turned around and took another step away from him when he grabbed my hand, I stopped feeling a rush of adrenaline, this touch, it always gave me butterflies.

I just stood there still looking away from him, I wasn't sure if I wanted to turn around and look at him, I had no idea how that was going to make me feel, and I dint want any more feelings than I already had at the moment.

"Khushi." He whispered my name, oh God, why did it sound like the most beautiful name ever?

I finally mastered enough courage and turned to look at him, he smiled as soon as I turned around and faced him, my attention was drawn to his eyes immediately, they were bloodshot, as if he had to be drinking a lot of alcohol or he was crying but there were no tears in his eyes, which meant he wasn't crying, could it be alcohol? He dint smell like it either.

"I thought we agreed to greet each other in case we ever came across each other." He said.

"Yeah, I was just getting late for work and you were praying, I dint want to disturb your prayers, but how did you know it was me? Your eyes were shut."

"I don't know... I just knew." He smiled faintly as he finally left my hand, oh the pain... why was it still there? It had been two months, it was supposed to get better right?