Part 39

ARNAV

I picked up my phone and stared at the screen blankly, it had been a week since I sent the text, she never replied. I know I should have stopped expecting a reply by now but I still had hope, that maybe she was finally going to reply, which she didn't.

I sighed and leaned on my chair, having no work to do was just making this whole thing harder for me because I couldn't keep myself busy, so I kept on thinking about her the whole time.

I shut my eyes as I remembered our first meeting, at the Jade garden, when Sonali introduced me to her, I couldn't stop staring, I was glad I chose to wear sunglasses that day otherwise she would have literally thought I was some creep for staring at her like that, well what could I do, I was totally mesmerized.

I think it was from the first meeting itself, something just clicked between us, and for so long I might have pretended to not feel a thing or avoid whatever I was feeling, but eventually I gave in, I mean who wouldn't right?

Everything about her just kept on getting me more and more attracted towards her, like her obsession with Darshan Raval and his music, and her nonstop talking and how she forgot about the whole world when she was talking, it was a delight to watch her, I wonder how it took me so long to realize I loved her, I was always so mesmerized by her, even when she wasn't around all I could ever think of was her yet somehow I chose to believe that my feelings for Sona weren't completely gone even when they were.

I would have never felt so attracted to Khushi if I still loved Sona in the first place, and I remember I even told her that, yet somehow I managed to ruin our beautiful relationship just because of the whole confusion and ended up hurting her, she didn't deserve that.

We had so many beautiful memories together, I mean even in such a short time span, I was sure we could make out a whole Bollywood movie out of our lives, everything that happened with us was so Bollywood kind, like her walking into my room and me walking out covered in just a towel, her expressions were priceless.

Then us meeting at the temple when I went there just to feel better because at that time I believed I had lost Sona and the pain sometimes was just unbearable, and then meeting at the flower shop and my mom and Asha basically trying to play cupid, everything from the beginning just happened so smoothly like we were meant to be, just that right now I wasn't so sure of it.

She definitely ready my text and chose to ignore it which meant that maybe there wasn't a chance of us getting back together, and that really broke my heart.

I tried to make myself feel better by trying to remember the happy memories of us, like our first kiss... oh it was a moment I wouldn't forget. The way she was so vocal about it and she went for it and the way it made me feel, she was my first kiss ever and it was all sorts of perfect.

I stood up immediately and decided to go see her, I just couldn't sit here like this and cry over fate when I was the one that ruined everything, I had to mend it and I just... I wished I hadn't promised her that I would stay away from her if she doesn't talk to me, now was I supposed to keep my promise or act like a maniac and just go disturb her again.

What if I did that and ended up hurting her again? She was already hurt so much because of me, I didn't want to hurt her again.

Oh God!

I got into my car and decided to head to a mall, maybe this was my punishment for breaking the girl that actually healed me.

I really wished things would have been different, but they weren't and I couldn't do anything else, the only thing I could do was regret all my stupid decisions.