Part 32

KHUSHI

I stopped at the main gate and turned around to see if he was still there but he wasn't, of course he would go back to her, of course he wouldn't even care to drop me home despite knowing that he was the one that brought me here, I didn't even bring my own car. How was I supposed to get home now?

I searched my purse for my phone and when I found it, I dialed Manvi's number, she was the only one that could get me out of here now, gladly she picked my call and I told her to come pick me up, she kept on asking me questions but I didn't feel like answering them.

I leaned against the wall staring into nothing, I was completely zoned out, everything in front of me was blurry, all that kept on going on in my mind was Arnav, and how much I loved him, and if I lost him, I didn't know I was going to be able to survive it.

For the past couple months my life had become all about him, I knew at some point our relationship would have complications because of Sona but I thought it was only going to be how he usually behaved when it came to her, I never thought it would be because she might end up coming back from dead.

What was this? A movie?

I really didn't have anything against her, I didn't know her, we had never even met or anything but knowing that she was back hurt me because I knew, it would take Arnav away from me.

How did I let myself fall so weak? How did I allow myself to fall in love this fast and this deep with someone who wasn't even in love with me yet?

Yesterday he told me that he was sure one day he would be in love with me, I guess that day was never going to come.

My entire body was trembling from fear, I was shaking and I felt like my heart was racing, and for a moment there I couldn't breathe, the thought of losing him, the thought of not having him beside me, and not being able to spend the rest of my life with him like I had imagined broke me, it literally took my breath away, and not in a good way.

I fell down on my knees trying to catch a breath, Oh God, why was it difficult to breathe for heaven sake!

"Khushi!" I heard Manvi, I saw her bring the car to a stop as she rushed out and came running towards me while I was still trying to breath, I could feel my heart beating so fast, I was scared it my jump out of my chest or something.

"Hey, hey... it's okay, calm down, try to take a deep breath, everything is going to be okay."

"What's happening to me Manvi?" I asked as tears rolled down my eyes, all this while I hadn't shed a tear and as soon as I saw her, I broke down, because I knew I could be vulnerable in front of her, she was my best friend, she was always going to be there for me.

"You're just having a panic attack, relax Khushi, look I'm here, I'm right beside you and I promise whatever it is, I'll make everything alright okay?" She cupped my face and looked me into the eyes.

It took a while and a bit of struggle until the attack stopped and I felt like I could breathe normally again, Manvi helped me up as we both walked towards the car, got inside and she drove off.

I had never had a panic attack ever before in my life, it was so strange it happened just out of nowhere, it didn't make sense to me, I didn't even know it was a panic attack until Manvi told me.

I turned on the radio on the car hoping to distract my mind but nothing played, I checked the usb section and realized my usb drive wasn't there, I usually played all my music with it and right now when I really needed music, it wasn't there.

Why was everything in my life turning upside down so suddenly? Even not being able to play the music was making me cry now, there was nothing to distract me from the thoughts of losing him.