Part 22

Arnav parked his car outside my house after the drive, quite strangely, I didn't feel like leaving yet. I just felt like I hadn't had enough time with him, I wanted to spend more time with him, be around him, and you know, feel whatever I was currently feeling because it was so beautiful.

"I can't wait for Tuesday." Arnav looked at me with a cute little smile on his face.

"Quite honestly, neither can I. In fact, I don't even feel like leaving yet. It's funny and strange and I really don't have the words to explain the feeling." I blushed a little.

"I know, because I feel the same." He said as he placed his hand on mine and immediately closed his eyes as if holding my hand was a prayer to him, he would always shut his eyes every time he held it.

He opened his eyes a few moments later and then stared at me, silently. He didn't say anything for like the next two minutes, it was as if he was soaking in all the feelings he had from holding my hand.

"Can I... Can I hug you?" He asked leaving me surprised. I mean I know I shouldn't be surprised, I had already kissed him but that was in the spur of the moment and then we stayed away from each other for a while.

And now that we had finally decided to give this a chance, I thought it was going to be a while, until we started the hugging and all but I guess it wasn't a bit deal, it was cute that he wanted to hug me, and it was cuter that he asked first.

"Yeah, sure." I nodded happily.

He smiled as he tried to move closer but it was kind of awkward, we were just started things out and a hug inside the car wasn't the best, there was too much space in between us which we couldn't cover.

He sat back again frowning and then suddenly stepped out of the car, walked towards my side and opened the door lending me his hand to hold as I stepped out.

Once I was standing out, in front of him, he didn't even overthink it, he just went straight for it, he pulled me by the hand he was still holding as I crushed on his chest, the next moment I felt both his arm wrap around me and he held me tightly, not too tight but tight enough to make me realized how much he needed this.

I wrapped my arms around him too holding on to him and when I did so, it made me realized that I also needed this just as much as he did.

I was even glad that it was late at night and no one was around otherwise it would have been a really awkward hug with people being around but right now, it felt so good, so safe, like this was the place where I always belonged and I was finally there.

It was like we were taking this small steps and they were taking us right where we belonged, very poetic I know, but what else would you expect from me, I was a Darshan Raval fan, poetry and music were kind of my thing you know.

A while later, he pulled apart and instead of looking at me, he was staring at the ground, he seemed really nervous like he didn't know what to say.

"Thank you Khushi." He said, still looking at the ground.

"Oh Arnav, don't make it sound like I did you a favor by hugging you, it what we both wanted."

"No... No, I meant... Thank you for walking into my life." He said as he finally looked me into the eyes.

"I mean I didn't even know that I needed you but then you came into my life and all I know since then is that I can't imagine what it would still be like if you hadn't shown up making so much noise and talking nonstop and listening to your songs and dancing on them.

You reminded me of what it felt like to be truly happy, you brought happiness back in my life and I will forever be grateful to you."

"I don't know what to say." I bit my lips nervously.