Part 45

KHUSHI

It was after months that I finally fell asleep peacefully, I dint wake up in between the entire night, I dint have any nightmares or anything, it was just a peaceful sleep, and when I woke up the next morning, I knew exactly why I had been able to sleep like that, it was because of Arnav, because he was here, right beside me.

His arm was around my waist, holding me and nothing felt better than this, him being right here, beside me... it all seemed just perfect.

A few minutes later, he woke up and looked straight at me with a cute smile.

"Good morning babe. How handsome do I look while asleep?" He smirked.

"Not so much." I joked as I finally stepped out of bed.

"Mean." He pouted and covered himself with the blanket once again, I just laughed as I headed to the bathroom to take a shower. All the while in the shower I just couldn't stop thinking about how everything suddenly felt all normal and perfect just because Arnav chose to stay with me.

I liked how the night went by peacefully and how happy I was just to see him after I woke up. I know we had just gotten back together and everything but a part of me couldn't stop thinking about us two living together, it would be so perfect, but I knew what living together would bring along, the physical intimacy, which I don't think I was ready for yet and I wasn't even sure whether Arnav believed in living together before marriage.

Okay Khushi, you had just had your heartbroken, please don't go too deep into this so soon, I had to be very careful and not let myself get hurt once again.

Once I was done showering, I grabbed my towel and wrapped it around as I walked out, Arnav was seated on the bed staring at his phone but when I walked out, he looked at me and kept on staring at me, which made me a little me self-conscious.

He stood up and walked towards me, it was like all this while he didn't even blink once. He stopped a few inches away from me and then looked at me from top to bottom, he then slowly lifted his hands up and he was just about to touch me but then he suddenly closed his eyes and stepped backwards. He took in a few deep breathes and then opened his eyes and looked at me once again.

"I'll go brush my teeth, I didn't bring along any clothes so I'll have to go back home to shower, do you have any extra toothbrush?" He asked.

"Yeah, there's a new one in the cabinet." I nodded. He walked inside the bathroom and shut the door while I sat down on the bed and just replayed what had just happened in my mind.

From the looks of it, it just seemed he was tempted, seeing me straight out of shower and covered in just a towel, but then he might have remembered what I told him about the intimacy part and maybe that's why he stepped away. I liked that he respected it.

*****

"What are you thinking about?" He asked as he joined me in the kitchen, I was standing next to the gas making tea for the both of us.

"Nothing." I shrugged.

"You know you can tell me anything... and with your anxiety, you shouldn't be keeping anything to yourself." He looked at me keenly.

"I... I was just thinking about us... yesterday when you said you'd sleep with me, it kind of got me scared but then once we were sleeping together, it just felt right. I fell asleep so quick and had a really peaceful sleep and after so long, today for the first time it felt like everything was back to normal. And then it made me wonder if it would be the same if we lived together you know, just wanting to get back to normal and feeling that peace made me wonder what it would be like, if we lived together." I said.