Part 41

KHUSHI

"I missed you so much." He said as he broke the hug and cupped my face looking me into the eyes, and just staring at me as if he hadn't seen me for ages.

I wanted to tell him that I had missed him too and that there wasn't a day that had passed by without me thinking of him but I dint want to make a joke out of myself in case whatever he wanted to talk to me about was going to hurt me again.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" I asked.

"About us. I wanted to apologize for the way I acted, I know I might have hurt you but I ... I just needed time to figure things out Khushi, I really wished you had just given that to me... anyway that's all in the past... all this while I've been trying to talk to you so that I could tell you that you are the one for me, you are the one I want to be with and you are the one I want to spend the rest of my life with. I love you Khushi, I really do, and I am so sorry I wasn't able to tell you that when you needed to hear it the most but I am saying it now and I mean it, I really do."

Okay, this was a dream right? I mean, how? When? It dint make any sense, I had given up on my homes, I had literally begged him to love me and... I just thought it was never going to happen and now he was here telling me he loved me, it all felt so unreal.

"Khushi. Say something please."

"I... I don't know how to believe this."

"Hey... look at me, I mean it, I promise I really mean it, I love you and I am so sorry it took me so long to realize it but I love you so much... I wanted to come tell you about it the moment I realized it, I tried calling you and texting you and you wouldn't talk to me, I even came here but Manvi wouldn't let me in, I tried so much to explain to her that I wanted to talk to you but she wouldn't listen to me."

"When did you realize it?"

"The time I started texting you and calling you so that you could talk to me for once, I didn't want to say it over a text. I just... when you stopped talking to me completely, it broke my heart, I couldn't do without talking to you or seeing it, I felt some sort of ache in my heart and I just knew, if I couldn't go even a week without seeing you or talking to you then how was I going to spend my whole life without you? That's what made me realize that whatever I felt for you was too deep, I couldn't give it any other name apart from love.

I know after everything that happened it must be hard for you to believe me, and it might sound unreal but please believe me, I really do love you Khushi."

I looked at him silently, my eyes were so moist I was going to end up crying anytime now, I had been dying to hear these words for him, and today he had said them, I was so overwhelmed that a part of me just dint want to believe that this could be real, but seeing him here and him assuring me repeatedly that it was real made me want to believe it.

This was our chance, to be together once again, to not just date and see where it goes but to date because we were in love and because we saw a future with each other... I wanted this, I begged him for this and now that it was actually happening, I dint know how to react to it.

"But... you chose Sonakshi over me Arnav..." That's all I could think of, he was in love with me but he kept her first, it was like she was always going to come first to him.

"I didn't Khushi and you know that, you are the one that asked me to make a choice, I wasn't even willing to break up with you, all I asked for was time, to clear my head out, I even told her that I had a girlfriend, if I chose her why would I tell her I have a girlfriend Khushi?

If I chose her, I would have broken up with you, I didn't. if I chose her I would have told you that in clear words, I didn't. I never chose her Khushi.