Part 20

Strange isn't it? How someone you're trying so hard to move on from can still manage to give you butterflies. Just finding him staring at me made my heart skip a beat.

Why are you doing this to me Arnav? How do you manage to make me feel this way just by looking at me? And why, despite trying to hard I just can't stop feeling this way?

I looked away from him and then a few seconds later, I walked away, seeing him here was hard anyway, I didn't want to stand anywhere where we could see each other, it would just make things more difficult for me than they already were.

I found an empty corner and sat down there silently, I didn't have much to do, I had made sure everything was okay and I had to stay here till the wedding was done, just in case the clients needed anything, I didn't even have company so it was a bit boring.

I unlocked my phone deciding to do something on it to pass time when I noticed a text message I had received from none other than Arnav.

The first question I had in my mind as soon as I saw it was why was he texting me? I don't even know how I missed the notification but it was here, it was real and I was quite nervous to open it.

What could he have texted me? Maybe just a compliment or something? I should just open the message and read it, but I was so nervous.

I tried to relax for a bit and then made up my mind and opened the message, it read 'Where are you?'

Okay, strange... why was he asking me where I am? We were supposed to be strangers right? I mean just greet each other when we came across each other and that had already happened, so why else was he looking for me?

I wasn't even sure whether to reply or not, I dint know if it was the right thing to do, keep in touch with him like this, even if it was just texting, it would just make my feelings stronger than they already were.

While I was still battling myself on whether to reply or not, another text popped up from him.

'Please reply.'

Okay Arnav, don't make this harder than it already is. Maybe I should just reply, it could be something urgent, maybe he needs help with something.

I started typing back a text and my fingers trembled out of nervousness, God! Why did he make me so nervous? I texted him about where I was seated and the put my phone aside, he would be here anytime, I couldn't stop wondering why he was looking for me.

"Okay Khushi, calm down. Breathe in, breath out." I said to myself as I breathed in and out trying to calm myself and then I saw him and my heart started running a freaking race.

No Arnav! You can't make me feel this way if you don't want us to happen, please stop doing whatever it is that you are doing to me.

He walked towards me and it seemed like he was walking in slow motion, you know like in the movies, when the lead actor is being introduced, it was pretty similar to that.

He sat down beside me and looked at me with a smile, oh my heart, he was sitting so close to me, it was making me feel all sorts of butterflies.

"Why are you sitting here all alone?" He asked.

"Just like that." I shrugged, I mean I couldn't tell him that I just ran away because seeing him was breaking my heart, it wasn't his fault, he was attending a wedding I happened to have planned. Why were such coincidences happening with me?

"It's hard isn't it?" he asked.

Now he was talking in puzzles, why wouldn't he just come straight to the point so I would stop feeling so freaking nervous!